Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

No computer sound through helix when used as interface

legamerblagueur

Hello!

I'm trying to use my helix floor as an interface in Reaper on windows 10. Drivers installed, plugged in via usb, recognised by windows AND reaper... Although my headphones are plugged into the "headphones" out on the helix, I can only hear my guitar sound straight from the helix.

I cannot hear any computer sound, or even the sound coming out of reaper. It seems like the computer sound isn't actually going through the USB.

Can you help please?

52 minutes ago, legamerblagueur said:

Can you help please?

Hi,

First thing to check is that both In and Out on your Helix are set to “Multi”.

Further information on USB Audio connection and working with a DAW can be found in the

Helix 3.0 Owner’s Manual - Rev F - English - Page 68.

Hope this helps/makes sense.

To get "computer sound" (YT, Spotify, backup tracks, streaming) you need to set the Playback device to Helix in the Windows Sound Panel.

In Reaper Preferences, be sure that the Helix ASIO Driver has all of the I/O (1-8) selected.

Reaper's output by default will go directly to Helix L/R Outputs, bypassing the signal chain.

Make sure that in Global Settings>Ins/Outs>Headphones Monitor is set to Multi or whichever Output your Output Block is set to.

If you're playing to pre-recorded tracks or VSTs in Reaper, you WANT only the direct sound to avoid latency.

If you're using additional effects in Reaper, you want to engage the Record Monitoring Button on the track. This will add latency.

Set the Output Block to USB 1/2.

That prevents hearing the Direct Sound from Helix alongside the sound from Reaper, which would cause an "echo" effect due to the latency of the Reaper signal.

EDIT: My previous comment about setting the Output Block to -120db applies when using HXS, in which case since the Output Block can't be changed from Main L/R you'd split the path to get Output 3/4 and take the Input to Reaper from USB/3/4 . Sorry for the confusion.

• Thanks 1