Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

HELP! HX stomp routing issues.

jhch14

Hi everyone!

I've been trying to make this work for a couple of days and it is driving me nuts. Basically, I am trying to use the stereo FX loop as two separate mono loops (FX loop L & R). My routing is as follows:

GUITAR>>>>WAH PEDAL>>>>HX STOMP IN (L/MONO)  >>>> HX STOMP STEREO SEND (TRS to TS Y CABLE): L (TS) GOES TO>>>> DELAY+REVERB COMBO PEDAL R (TS) GOES TO>>>> FUZZ PEDAL>>>>OVERDRIVE PEDAL / OUTPUT OF DELAY+REVERB PEDAL GOES TO RETURN L / OUTPUT OF OVERDRIVE PEDAL GOES TO RETURN R.

FINALLY, I'M GOING OUT OF THE L/MONO OUTPUT STRAIGHT INTO MY INTERFACE.

IN THE HX EDITOR: I'm setting up two separate mono blocks - FX LOOP L & FX LOOP R. 

Now, here's the problem: Whenever I have the two blocks ON it passes signal. If I mute ONLY one of the blocks then the audio cuts. If instead of setting up two mono blocks, I use a stereo FX loop, I get the same result: I can hear the effects. I want to be able to use each mono loop independently, but as of right now I just can't make it work. Also, when I have both MONO blocks engaged (or the stereo block), one of the fx chains is considerably louder than the other one, which makes it a useless choice. 

I am attaching a few pictures of the board and the loops inside HX EDIT. 

Thank you so much!

WhatsApp Image 2021-12-10 at 5.41.39 PM (2).jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2021-12-10 at 5.41.39 PM (1).jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2021-12-10 at 5.41.39 PM.jpeg

7 minutes ago, phil_m said:

Go to Global Settings>Ins/Outs>Return Type and set it to Return, not Aux In.

Hi! Thank you so much for replying. I already have it set to return. Is there any other thing you can think of I might be doing wrong?

thanks! 

I routed both loops directly to their respective Returns (no external FX).

When you say "Mute", if you're using the level controls of the S/R Blocks, that'll happen.

Using BYPASS, no combination of S/R blocks causes the signal to cut out.

4 minutes ago, rd2rk said:

I routed both loops directly to their respective Returns (no external FX).

When you say "Mute", if you're using the level controls of the S/R Blocks, that'll happen.

Using BYPASS, no combination of S/R blocks causes the signal cut out.

Hi, thanks for answering! I'm a little bit lost with your suggestion. With mute I meant bypass, sorry about that. Could you explain a little bit more? Thanks in advance.

52 minutes ago, jhch14 said:

Hi! Thank you so much for replying. I already have it set to return. Is there any other thing you can think of I might be doing wrong?

thanks! 

I think I read your first post too quickly… Have you tried swapping the leads from the Y cable?

So, by "Mute" you mean that you BYPASS the S/R Blocks.

Try what I did. Route the signals for both S/R Loops AROUND the FX. That is, left send to left return, right to right, no FX in either loop.

If, as was my experience, the audio did not cut out regardless of the BYPASS state of the S/R Blocks, then the problem must be with the FX configuration within the Loops.

On 12/10/2021 at 8:10 PM, phil_m said:

So how do you have the Walrus Audio Slarp connected? It had independent ins and outs for each side, doesn’t it?

It's configured so that you can use the IN of the delay and OUT of the reverb. If you want to add a pedal in between you can use the independent IN/OUTS. I've connected it like this before on its own and it works perfectly, but yeah, it looks confusing. Thanks!

On 12/10/2021 at 8:36 PM, rd2rk said:

So, by "Mute" you mean that you BYPASS the S/R Blocks.

Try what I did. Route the signals for both S/R Loops AROUND the FX. That is, left send to left return, right to right, no FX in either loop.

If, as was my experience, the audio did not cut out regardless of the BYPASS state of the S/R Blocks, then the problem must be with the FX configuration within the Loops.

Thank you for your suggestion! I just did as you told me and I'm getting the same issue. Basically from the HX send back to the L/R returns, and when I bypass one of the mono FX LOOP blocks it cuts the signal. I really have no idea what is happening, but it is pretty frustrating :S

Ok, I'm feeling really dumb right now haha, but I think I had one of the cables crossed (MAJOR SLAP TO THE FACE). So basically what happened is that I had my TRS to TS Y cable (it's not labeled for L/R) L and R going to the wrong return IN... what I thought was left was actually right and vice versa. I guess the only lesson here is to double check your connections haha. Thanks for your time in answering these questions everyone! You've all been extremely helpful, Happy holidays!