Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

External Pedal doubling Snapshot up/down

Wonderist

Hey, just updated to 3.15.  Suddenly my snapshots are mving by 2 when I press and release my external TRS pedal.  When I press, it moves 1, but when I release, it moves another.  I have the release set to none.  Not sure what else to do....  Please help!

Just had a chance to try this.

When moving UP, when you hit 3, the next press goes back to 1.

When moving DOWN, when you hit 1, the next press goes to 3.

This is normal.

I couldn't make it go UP 1-3 or DOWN 3-1.

Up 1 goes to 2, 2 goes up to 3; down 3 goes to 2, 2 goes to 1.

No clue what it means in your case, just proves that it's not a 3.15 problem.

At least not on my HXS.

Using a Moskey Dual Switch.

• Upvote 1

This is happening to me and at least one other user on a Facebook HX Stomp XL group.

I notice that if I press and hold either switch, it will go the direction I set it to (up to 2, or down to 4), BUT when I release the switch, it jumps another snapshot, landing me on number 3. When set to "preset up/down" or "bank up/down" they work exactly as they should.

Even setting them as stomp 7/8 and use them as bypass switches, they work, although trying to set anything to Stomp 8 as a bypass switch freezes the XL and it is unresponsive. here's a vid of it. I'm using the Ampero Switch

Toying around with it, I managed to use command center to make Stomp 7/8 work as Prev/Next Snapshot, but even then it was janky and not working all the time.

here's video of me showing the skips and the unexpected freeze as described

• 1 month later...
On 2/9/2022 at 9:59 PM, Wonderist said:

Hey, just updated to 3.15.  Suddenly my snapshots are mving by 2 when I press and release my external TRS pedal.  When I press, it moves 1, but when I release, it moves another.

I have the exact same problem, and similarly, I did not have it with the v3.10 firmware. There is another thread in this forum reporting this problem without a solution from a user with a different brand of footswitch, so it is not ampero switch specific issue.

Did you find a good workaround?

On 3/25/2022 at 4:18 PM, www98765 said:

I have the exact same problem, and similarly, I did not have it with the v3.10 firmware. There is another thread in this forum reporting this problem without a solution from a user with a different brand of footswitch, so it is not ampero switch specific issue.

Did you find a good workaround?

Downgrade to 3.11. All these bugs are not worth having a new amp and synth sounds IMO. Unless those new features are crucial to you.