Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Hd500 With 2 Amps

hnaline6

Hi, i need some advice on setting up an hd500 to do stereo with a dt-25 and a fender acoustasonic amp.

The dt-26 is hooked up to the hd500 with an L6 link.  Would like to find out how to set up the other amp.

I use a DT25 and a Marshall AS50 Acoustic Amp.  I set up my acoustic patches to output via the FX loop to the acoustic amp, and everything else goes to the DT25 via L6 link.  To set up the FX loop, simply make the last part of your chain the FX loop, which is an option when you choose the type of pedal (dynamics, dystortion, etc.)  Works great, even if I wish I didn't have to bring a 2nd amp. 

How do you set your FX loop in that configuration?  I plug my acoustic guitar in the HD500 AUX in and use the SEND out to go to the desk but the sound of the acoustic guitar seems a bit different from when I plug it direct to the desk...

Hmm.  I'm not sure exactly what you're asking, but for my setup, I'm using the Variax acoustic sounds live, and using an acoustic patch from Customtone.  

http://line6.com/customtone/tone/208508/

You could try making sure both channels in the mixer are set to center if the sound seems different.  Anyone else have an idea?

I use a DT25 and a Marshall AS50 Acoustic Amp.  I set up my acoustic patches to output via the FX loop to the acoustic amp, and everything else goes to the DT25 via L6 link.  To set up the FX loop, simply make the last part of your chain the FX loop, which is an option when you choose the type of pedal (dynamics, dystortion, etc.)  Works great, even if I wish I didn't have to bring a 2nd amp. 

Thanks Karmicfreak.  Is it possible to configure it as a stereo (sans fx loop)?  I've tried direct before and stereo patches sound perfect.  I"m just not sure with an amp having an L6 link and without an L6 link.  Regards...