Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Per Snapshot expression assignment

Th3rmionic

If you use Exp 1 for one assignment and Exp 2 for the other you can swap between them with snapshots - and should be able to set the fixed parameters where you want them. I'm assuming helix and onboard exp here, and nowhere near my gear to provide a more detailed explanation - I just know I have a patch that does something similar.

• Upvote 1

You can control many things with the same expression pedal.  Then in each snapshot you can bypass things, or set the mix parameter of blocks to 0%.  That's what I do -- in one preset I control the following things with the same EXP 2: wah, filter, vibrato, freeze, delay.  The wah has auto-engagmenet when you put it past 5%.  But I only use the wah in one snapshot -- in others it's mixed at 0% effectively bypassing it.  I set this up before the (rather buggy) 3.15 toe down / heel down functionality. 

So in short, you can control many many things with the same exp pedal, it's just a matter of bypassing things / mixing things out. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

• 10 months later...
On 3/2/2022 at 11:39 PM, theElevators said:

You can control many things with the same expression pedal.  Then in each snapshot you can bypass things, or set the mix parameter of blocks to 0%.  That's what I do -- in one preset I control the following things with the same EXP 2: wah, filter, vibrato, freeze, delay.  The wah has auto-engagmenet when you put it past 5%.  But I only use the wah in one snapshot -- in others it's mixed at 0% effectively bypassing it.  I set this up before the (rather buggy) 3.15 toe down / heel down functionality. 

So in short, you can control many many things with the same exp pedal, it's just a matter of bypassing things / mixing things out. 

THIS!  I was trying to set this up.  Basically made a "Buckethead" preset when I wanted 1 snapshot to be a wah and the second snapshot to be pitch whammy all with 1 expression pedal.  I used the same premise of setting the mix to 0 on the wah when on the pitch whammy snapshot (I can't figure out how to just shut off the wah and enable the pitch without losing the auto-engagement function of the wah) but when I flipped between snapshots the mix was staying the same.  You have to go under the bypass/controller option and set the "mix" to "snapshot" so it saves that setting.  Thanks!!!