Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

pod go and looper pedal help

Dazzer40

I have connected a boss rc 500 looper pedal to the pod go and it records the loop i make but then i want to change the patch from the pod go  it also changes it on the looper pedal ,  just wondering if there is a way it can record the sounds without them changing ? 

Describe your cabling setup and the position of the FX Loop in your Pod Go presets. If you have FX blocks in the preset that are positioned after the external looper when it’s playing back, then the sound of the playback will be processed further by those blocks.

And on the other side of that coin, the post-looper FX blocks will not be included in the looper while it’s recording.

On 3/18/2022 at 10:09 AM, Dazzer40 said:

I have connected a boss rc 500 looper pedal to the pod go and it records the loop i make but then i want to change the patch from the pod go  it also changes it on the looper pedal ,  just wondering if there is a way it can record the sounds without them changing ? 

you can set your FX Loop block at the end of the chain, and connect

guitar -> Go -> Go FX out ->   Looper pedal -> Go FX in -> Go -> amp or whatever

or you can connect your looper at the end of your physical chain;

guitar -> Go -> Looper ->  Amp.

• Upvote 1

On 3/18/2022 at 2:41 PM, silverhead said:

Describe your cabling setup and the position of the FX Loop in your Pod Go presets. If you have FX blocks in the preset that are positioned after the external looper when it’s playing back, then the sound of the playback will be processed further by those blocks.

And on the other side of that coin, the post-looper FX blocks will not be included in the looper while it’s recording.

on the boss mono A  instrument  in  to  guitar  ,  boss mono A output to   pod go guitar in  put ,  Fs2 and the end of the chain . 

So your guitar is connected directly to the Boss Looper pedal at the very front of the signal chain, before the Pod? That means the Boss looper is recording the dry unprocessed signal directly from the guitar. As the recording is being made, what you are hearing at the end of the chain is the sound of the dry recorded signal being processed by the Pod preset. Changing presets does not affect the dry recorded signal in the Boss, but it does affect the processing of that signal by the Pod. In both cases, recording and playback, you are hearing the dry guitar signal being processed by two different Pod Go presets.

If you want to record the sound of the POD processing you need to place the Boss pedal as grdGo33 described, either in the FX Loop of the POD where the FX Loop block is the last thing in the signal chain before the Output block, or after the Pod and before your speakers/amp.