Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Helix Update 3.15 Grey Squares "Bank up/down"

sammythedrummer

Hey there, 

pretty new hxstomp user. 

i have just updated my software to 3.15 and now in a lot of the patches it's coming up with these grey squares that say Bank up/down. 

Also, what happened to snapshot 1? am i missing something. 

Please help as this is really over my head :) 

hxstomp.jpg

On 3/30/2022 at 8:14 AM, sammythedrummer said:

i have just updated my software to 3.15 and now in a lot of the patches it's coming up with these grey squares that say Bank up/down. 

Double check your HX Edit and Firmware installation versions are the same, as mentioned by "silverhead" in the post above.

After updating to v3.15 did you perform a Factory Reset and Restore from Back-up as instructed in the installation notes?

When weird, and/or, unexpected stuff starts to happen do a Factory Reset.

Hope this helps/makes sense.

• Upvote 2

It's all software, with bugs.  IMO 3.15 has too many issues for the amount of new features that are introduced (new amp and the legacy synth sounds).  When I saw the Helix misbehaving with the new "behavior" parameter for bypass, I immediately downgraded to 3.11.  So, I would simply downgrade and keep making music. 

On 4/1/2022 at 10:41 AM, theElevators said:

It's all software, with bugs.  IMO 3.15 has too many issues for the amount of new features that are introduced (new amp and the legacy synth sounds).  When I saw the Helix misbehaving with the new "behavior" parameter for bypass, I immediately downgraded to 3.11.  So, I would simply downgrade and keep making music. 

But what if it’s a hardware issue (most likely with display issues that aren’t fixed with a reset)? Downgrading won’t help. Open a support ticket.

On 4/1/2022 at 11:03 AM, silverhead said:

But what if it’s a hardware issue (most likely with display issues that aren’t fixed with a reset)? Downgrading won’t help. Open a support ticket.

I guess one way to find out!  If things appear out of nowhere right after upgrading, then it's 99.9% likely it's a software bug.