Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Any 4CM/Snapshot tricks for this scenario?

boynigel

I’m considering using my LT w/my amp via 4CM just for the effects as I’m happy w/my amp’s sounds for the specific project I’m currently involved in.  There are a couple songs however where I would like to use a modeled amp in this setup, and that’s for an edge of breakup Vox sound that my amp doesn’t quite have.

At first I thought I’d simply put the modeled amp block right after the LT’s Effects Send block.  But then I got to thinking- while this would give me the Vox sound, correct me if I’m wrong, I’d simultaneously be getting the signal from my physical amp’s preamp section as well.

Is there some way, maybe via snapshots, that I could have my physical amp’s preamp section muted/cut off when I engage the snapshot that has the amp block active?  That way I’m only hearing the LT’s amp block going into my physical amp’s FX loop return.

I'm writing this on my break at work, so i haven't had a chance to try it yet.  Figured i'd put this up now in hopes of having some solid ideas/suggestions for when i get home late tonight.

On 4/1/2022 at 6:39 PM, coachz said:

Take the snapshot with the amp block and bypass the fx send return block and the output will be fine.  Switch your amp to a clean channel.  In 4cm mode your output goes to the return of the real alp and bypasses the preamp.

If you'd rather use 2 snapshots than a single Stomp Mode FS, just save one SS with the Helix amp ON and the FX Loop OFF and save another the opposite way. No need to switch the physical amp to a clean channel, and if you don't turn the Helix amp OFF when the FX Loop is ON you'll have the Helix amp running through the physical preamp. Unless that's what you want?