Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Helix Floor and Android Tablets

ConnerNA

OK, so I have been looking at the Boox line of Android tablets (I use Mobilesheets for music and back tracks and love the idea of Digital Ink displays when playing outside and trying to combat sunlight)....all that said, my understand is these should be work with Helix (ie I should be able to play audio from the android through the Helix floor connected via USB OTG).

Has anyone done this, just would like real world confirmation not just a bunch of white papers of "it should".

On 4/10/2022 at 6:11 PM, ConnerNA said:

OK, so I have been looking at the Boox line of Android tablets (I use Mobilesheets for music and back tracks and love the idea of Digital Ink displays when playing outside and trying to combat sunlight)....all that said, my understand is these should be work with Helix (ie I should be able to play audio from the android through the Helix floor connected via USB OTG).

Has anyone done this, just would like real world confirmation not just a bunch of white papers of "it should".

Have not tried it myself so I can't provide a confirmation of this from personal experience. Don't know if you find a video more convincing than a white paper but here is a video in French and English showing apps that generate beats and songs from an Android tablet. 

I'd assume that it won't work. My Samsung Tab S7 (Android 12) does not recognise my Helix in any way over usb.  It does however work with my Zoom G3X which is only 2 channels over usb. 

Don't ever assume that any audio interface will work with android, seek definitive proof before spending any money.

Well I can attest, Helix floor is too complex of an audio device for a Boox Note Air. I am going to try an HX Stomp next and see if that works, I WAS able to get it to work with my XSonic Xtone Pro, my hope is since the Stomp has less ins and outs that it MIGHT work (not holding my breath).

The other option I am testing out (which is not my favorite) is running a Bluetooth receiver into my helix floor that is connected to the Boox (since it does not have a headphone out jack).