Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Can you redownload an already purchased amp pack for HD500X?

joshbassdude

My Pod HD500X recently packed up (le cry) and I had the Bass Amp Pack downloaded on it which I purchased about a year ago. I bought a NEW HD500X for teaching and because it's familiar - but I can't find a way to redownload my previous bass settings with the pack. Is this possible to transfer packs over from one HD500X to another?

The answer you are looking for is Yes. But it goes deeper than that, mainly because you are asking the wrong question(s). You know, terminology - if someone uses the wrong word, it totally changes the meaning of the sentence. 

Yes, you can use a model pack on multiple devices. I believe it is four at the same time. 

But you aren't actually downloading anything. The packs are already on the devices. What you are doing is purchasing a license to unlock the features on the device. 

And as far as settings go, patches aren't stored by L6. You need to backup/restore them yourself. 

===============================================================================

You need to be using the same account you previously used. 

You'll need to run license manager. 

And the rest is ... beyond my memory.