Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Midi messages from preset

chessum

Hi i generally send midi control messages from snapshots, but it would be really useful if i could send midi messages one time only when the preset is selected and further messages if needed each snapshot change. As far as i can see this is not possible (assuming i still wish to use snapshots). If it can be done be great to hear?

The Instant Commands are going to be sent on every SS change.

WHAT they send depends on the IC settings for the SS that was changed.

Once an IC has sent a specific message, it won't send that message again until that IC has sent a DIFFERENT message from another SS.

IOW - If you send CC#1 on IC#1 in SS1 and DON"T want to send anything on IC#1 in SS2 (it defaults to CC#0), set IC#1 in SS2 to CC#1.

How does that relate to your question? I don't know.

Perhaps if you explained what you are trying to do (or not do)?

Hey thanks for response. I am sending a program change from a snapshot. This is resent each time I reselect the snap shot. The issue is the receiving kit is slow to respond. So ideally I only want the program change sent once when the preset is initially selected not have it resent on subsequent snapshot selection.

Per the "rule" I described, it works the same for Program Change as Control messages.

Copy the IC that sends the PC# to the same IC in every Snapshot.

It will send once when the preset loads. You can use other ICs for other messages if you like, just remember the rule.

On 6/6/2022 at 2:47 AM, CraigGT said:

Wouldn't that depend on the Duplicate PC Send Global Setting too?

That setting only applies in combination with MIDI PC SEND, not PCs sent thru CommandCenter.