Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Can you MIDI trigger footswitch commands that were created for the hardware unit?

louisplett

I've figured out how to trigger snapshots, bypass blocks, volume pedal, etc using midi. But I can't figure out, if I download someone's Helix preset that has custom footswitch commands, can I trigger those footswitch commands with Midi in Helix Native at all? Or is this not an option? An example is someone has created a footswitch that turns the gain up on the amp block, or changes the mix level on a reverb. 

On 6/14/2022 at 12:05 PM, soundog said:

There is a dedicated section in the Helix Native manual that details how to do this. You also need to know how to send/relay CC commands from within your specific DAW.

I couldn't find this in the manual. I can create new Automation controls but I don't see the ones that originally came with the patch, that were designed to be operated with the hardware footswitches

On 6/18/2022 at 4:54 AM, louisplett said:

I couldn't find this in the manual. 

Hi,

Helix Native 3.15 Pilot’s Guide - English - Pages 49-58

The Automation/Controller Assign Tab

https://line6.com/data/6/0a020a4179ea61fd2e9472da7/application/pdf/Helix Native 3.15 Pilot's Guide - English .pdf

Plus, there is this video.

When dealing with a preset created by someone else, you don’t really know how they set the controllers to suit their situation- it would be better to make your own.

Hope this help/makes sense.

• Upvote 1