Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

HXStomp and lopper (RC-500) without a send/return block?!

tosente

Is is possible to connect HXStomp with the looper (Boss RC-500 in my case) and then return the looper's output back to HXStomp so that I can use my headphones for playing, but without using a send/return block on HXStomp? Essentially, I would like to do looping with different presets on HXStomp and still play through headphones. If I use a send/return block on HXStomp to connect looper, I wouldn't be able to switch between different presets since send/return block is part of the preset. 

Since the rc500 has no phones output,you are stuck with the Helix phones output. So you will need to put a send/receive block in every patch you want to use the looper on. 1 alternative would be to use a small mixer to plug your Looper into that has a headphone jack on it. Then you would go from the Helix outputs, to the Looper inputs, then the Looper outputs, into the mixer, probably left side Channel One panned to the left, and right side to Channel 2 panned to the right. Then just use the mixer headphone output. This way you won't have to use send and receive blocks on your helix as you will be looping the output signal directly from the helix regardless of what patch you are using. Something like this... https://www.zzounds.com/item--MAC402VLZ4

There are cheaper mixers available, just make sure it has stereo input ability.

You could grab a cheap Headphone amp (20 bucks for the Behringer HA400), and plug the RC500 line output to it, and headphones to the headphones out. This is just pushing the line level to headphone level. Won't sound pristine, but it should work just fine. You'll also need a Y cable with two TS jacks for the RC500 output going into a TRS jack for the Headphone amp. (Guitar----->HX Stomp----->RC500----->HeadphoneAMP----->Headphones)

• Upvote 1