Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Looking for a specific "nu metal" tone

Tylore

Hey guys, so I've been searching for a really nice distorted punchy but not fuzzy tone, like the one in Crossfade's No Giving Up (Intro and Chorus), which is pretty much the nu metal tone from the 00's, I'll be using it for recording, I have a PRS Custom 24 and I've tried my best to work with knowledge I have, and I just can't seem to get rid of the fuzz from some of the stock cabs, I really don't want to have to buy an IR if I don't have to, but if I do it would be nice to get some recommendations from the community so I appreciate any feedback or guidance anybody could give. 

Here's the link to the song I mentioned 

• Tylore changed the title to Looking for a specific "nu metal" tone

What's your preset look like? Are you having problems with the distortion or the clean tone? You might try bringing the high cut on the cab way down, maybe even below 8 kHz.

I was working on a preset last night that is coming along great. I took the Cali IV V30 dual cab with two 57s, one 0 degrees the other 45 and put then about 1 inch just off the center. High cut about 9.5 kHz for both, low cut about 95.