Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Variax Acoustic 700 Model Knob not Selecting Correct Model

dietmd

Finally, got Workbench to run on my Microsoft Surface (YEA!!) and was able to re-flash my Acoustic 700 I just acquired!! All's working properly and sounds great, BUT the Model Select knob doesn't line up with the correct guitar models. (eg. Jazz setting sounds like Sitar, 12 String sounds like Dread, etc.) I re-flashed and as I said the sounds are all there but in wrong positions. I'm sure this is a simple issue, but help would be greatly appreciated. Appears to be off by 180 degrees. Weird, the Model Select Knob is keyed and only fits on one way??  ( Partiv -- Where are ya Guy??!!)

• 3 weeks later...

I have a theory about what your experiencing.  It’s a used instrument right?  The previous owner very likely used Workbench back when the Acoustic 700 was still supported.  That allows the user to change models.  Overriding the name on the dial.  That gets stored in the guitars memory.  There is nothing wrong with the instrument.  And when he sold it that edited setting was still in the  guitars memory.  Trouble would be, workbench doesn’t work with most operating systems.  BUT….the news is still good. You can restore it to factory settings.  In 10 seconds I bet the sounds line up with the dial.  

Here’s how:  Start with unit off (TRS cable and/or Variax Digital cable) unplugged from guitar). Rotate the model selector to the SITAR position.
Press and hold model selector (as in Save routine) while inserting TRS cable or Variax Digital cable to power up the unit and perform reset.

that easy