Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Cannot Open Native after update to 3.50 Error 8207 and 8201

Joeleft

I'm guessing this isn't an unusual situation.

I recently updated my Native to 3.50.

During the installation process, I got an error message that read "Error opening this file for writing" followed by what I assume was a font type. The only way forward was to select "ignore" from the options of "abort", "try again" or "ignore". When pressing ignore the same error appeared but with different font types. A typical example is:

"Error opening this file for writing C:/Program Data/Line6/HelixNative/res/fonts/Roboto-Regular.ttf"

This happened approximately 25-30 times after pressing ignore, but with a different font type.

Then, a similar error message appeared:

"Error opening this file.....etc C:/ProgramData/Line6/Helixcore/HelixCoreWin_64.dll"

After pressing ignore again, it seemed that Helix Native has installed.

However, after loading my DAW (Cubase Pro 12) and trying to load Native, I got the following: see screenshot.

At the moment then, I can't use Helix Native. As far asI know I had no problems before updating to 3.50.

Does anyone have any help to offer please ?

2022-11-18 (2).png

On 11/18/2022 at 7:31 PM, Joeleft said:

Does anyone have any help to offer please ?

Hi,

You could try following the reply I posted in another recent thread showing the same 2 error codes. Not entirely sure if it’s the exact same issue but the screen shots look the same - I’m a Mac user using Logic with out problems.

Hope this helps/makes sense.

Which version of the Helix plugin are you trying to open, VST2 (*.vst) or VST3 (*.vst3)?.  The Windows 10 Helix 3.5 installer by default does not install the VST2 plugin, so you have to tick a box to make that happen.  If you installed the VST2 version of 3.15 previously but do not force installation of the VST2 version of 3.5, the 3,15 version remains and causes crashes (it did for me in FL Studio 20 and Reason 12; I don't have Cubase 9).

In any event, your best bet to get an answer is to open a support ticket.  The turnaround time is pretty quick.

On 11/19/2022 at 11:52 PM, Gryphon said:

Which version of the Helix plugin are you trying to open, VST2 (*.vst) or VST3 (*.vst3)?.  The Windows 10 Helix 3.5 installer by default does not install the VST2 plugin, so you have to tick a box to make that happen.  If you installed the VST2 version of 3.15 previously but do not force installation of the VST2 version of 3.5, the 3,15 version remains and causes crashes (it did for me in FL Studio 20 and Reason 12; I don't have Cubase 9).

In any event, your best bet to get an answer is to open a support ticket.  The turnaround time is pretty quick.

Hi Gryphon

Thank you for the reply.

Whilst I'm no expert on music software, I understand that the Cubase I'm using to load this (12 Pro) doesn't use VST2 files, so I don't think I loaded a VST 2 version(didn't even know we could tbh!)

As you suggest, I think a ticket is the way forward.

Actually from memory, I think I had the same situation the previous time I updated the Helix Native and I think the problem was around having so many various Line 6 products registered in the past - I have been a long time Line 6 user.

I will post any solution back here.

Thanks again :-)

On 11/22/2022 at 11:06 PM, llTheSystemll said:

I just installed Helix Native today after snagging it for $49.99 woohoo.

I got that EXACT same error.  I Deauthorized my PC and then Authorized.  That resolved my issue.  I am on Win10 and running the most recent version of Reaper.

Brian

Hi Brian

Thank you for the note.

I actually have had this very same problem quite a while ago as well and was advised by Line 6 to basically uninstall and reinstall Native which did not rectify the issue. Someone else on the forum had also had the same issue and rectified it by the same you have found to work. I tried that and it did work for me too.

The current issue seemed to be exactly the same and so I tried the deauthorise and reorthorise thing, but this time it did not work.

Logging a ticket with Line 6 gave me the uninstall/reinstall solution, which I did try, but this time, and I think THIS MIGHT BE THE KEY, unticked the AAX files (these are required for Pro Tools only I believe).

After carrying out the reinstall, I loaded a new project into Cubase, and all was good !!

Glad you got up and running again.

• Like 1

On 11/25/2022 at 9:37 AM, Joeleft said:

Hi Brian

Thank you for the note.

I actually have had this very same problem quite a while ago as well and was advised by Line 6 to basically uninstall and reinstall Native which did not rectify the issue. Someone else on the forum had also had the same issue and rectified it by the same you have found to work. I tried that and it did work for me too.

The current issue seemed to be exactly the same and so I tried the deauthorise and reorthorise thing, but this time it did not work.

Logging a ticket with Line 6 gave me the uninstall/reinstall solution, which I did try, but this time, and I think THIS MIGHT BE THE KEY, unticked the AAX files (these are required for Pro Tools only I believe).

After carrying out the reinstall, I loaded a new project into Cubase, and all was good !!

Glad you got up and running again.

Hey Joe,

Thanks for the follow up.  I will keep in mind what you said if this happens again.

You are right, AAX is for PT.

Brian

• 1 month later...

Hello everybody!

Same situation around here update to the last version in my iMac, when I try to open Helix Native close my Cubase 12 and in my reason from Propellerheads don't appear anymore. there is the message I get.

any suggestions

Screen Shot 2023-01-11 at 7.55.30 PM.png

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

This is the second time I've had Helix Native fail to work and was issued these two error codes.

1. Failed to get favorite names, Service is not online. Code -8207

2. Failed to connect to DSP engine. (Device has not been initialized properly. code -8201.

The first is on a pop-up dialog box and the second is on an orange banner across the plug-in interface. Based on the above discussion this problem doesn't seem to be specific to a particular OS or DAW so I won't bother posting that information.

Neither time this occurred was there a particular event (Helix update, computer change, etc.) to associate the problem with. The first time I was working with Line6 tech support to resolve the issue but nothing we tried had as yet worked when the problem suddenly went away on its own. I had installed an update onto the Helix Floor but that seems unrelated to me. The second time this happened was a couple of days ago and I resolved the issue by removing all of the files and directories from the "%appdata%/Roaming/Line6" directory then restarting and reactivating the plug-in. I haven't checked to see if one of my activations has been removed from my account because Yamaha/LIne6 has been very good to work with and I remain certain they will make good on this if I ever run out of activations.

For anyone from Yamaha/Line6 monitoring this thread, this seems to be an ongoing issue and I hope you are working to get this corrected. In the meantime, please let us know if you want us to contact you each time this issue arises to help with troubleshooting the issue.

On 2/13/2023 at 6:22 AM, dennisnv said:

For anyone from Yamaha/Line6 monitoring this thread, this seems to be an ongoing issue and I hope you are working to get this corrected. In the meantime, please let us know if you want us to contact you each time this issue arises to help with troubleshooting the issue.

Hi,

Sadly, there are no Line staff here and only very occasionally do they visit these forums - (See the “sticky comment” in the black banner stripe at the top of this page entitled “Welcome to the Line 6 forums”).

The best suggestion is to keep reporting these incidents to Customer Support - the squeaky wheel gets the oil - as they say!

On 2/24/2023 at 2:58 PM, kaimart said:

I have the same issue....using a new Mac mini with 3.5 and Ventura.

Do we have any idea, how to fix the "not initialized" Issue?

Thanks a lot to everybody

Hi,

Read through, study and try all the possible options suggested in this thread.

If you have no success, contact Customer Support- the more they know about these issues, the more chance of getting a proper permanent fix.

EDIT:

You mention a “new” Mac Mini - do I understand from that statement you have “migrated” to a new machine? If so you may have to simply uninstall and reinstall Native on  the new computer. IIRC there’s an issue with the Mac migration because the Authorisation is associated/tied to the hard drive.

It’s been mentioned in these threads previously, but I cannot find the link at the moment.

Update:

link: 

more,

Edited by datacommando
Added links

On 2/26/2023 at 4:01 AM, in_limbo said:

Hi all, I'm also experiencing this issue with the exact same error codes. Uninstalling, reinstalling, unauthorizing and reauthorizing has not helped. I'm on Windows 10 in Reaper.

Hi,

There was a spate of posting regarding Native and Reaper crashing in Windows 10.

Infact, one solution is offered higher up this thread in the post from @inbalance99 back in January. You must have missed that? TLDR?

Here’s another solution.

More -

Edited by datacommando
Added links