Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Totally confused how to use JTV69 + HD500X

Hello everyone!

I tried to find an answer to my problem in the forums but sorry if missed it if it exists..

First of all I updated my JTV69 to V2.23 but my HD500x sees it as "variax v2.23". Shouldnt it recognize as JTV, as it says in the manual?

Secondly maybe related with my first question but please clarify this for me. I want to set it up so that when I choose my preset in the HD500X it should automatically switch to the guitar model and tuning I choose, without me turning the selectors on the guitar. But also if I change my selection on the guitar, I need it to change to the model or tuning I changed. I hope I could make my point clear. How can I set this up?

I really couldnt understand the global, force etc settings.. I would appreciate if you can help me with this.

Best regards

"Force" means that whatever set up in a preset for the Variax in the 500X, the 500X will 'Force'

the Variax to bring up that Variax Model as part of the Preset.  That would be something you would

set-up in the 500X edit page.

In the manual the force function is the Enable/Disable in the500X Set Up page in the online manual page-16.

https://l6c-acdn2.line6.net/data/6/0a06434cb30151dddd9ae9314/application/pdf/POD HD500X Pilot's Guide ( Rev C ).pdf?_ga=2.156462331.1369400886.1669655039-1854743224.1659634079

… and similarly, the Don’t Force setting tells the HD500X to ignore any Variax-related settings in the current context. When used with Variax Model selection the existing setting for the Variax model will remain active even if the preset specifies that a different model be loaded. That information will be ignored. Note that this does not mean that the Variax guitar will revert to the model determined by its physical switch settings. It simply means that the existing model, perhaps specified in a previous preset, will remain active. Similarly for Alternate Tuning.

Use the Global vs. Per Preset options to specify whether (Per Preset) or not (Global) you want to enable Variax controls to apply on a per preset basis; in other words, whether or not you want any Variax settings that may be stored in presets to be applied. The Global setting here will cause them to be ignored.

While Global and Don’t Force have a similar effect they are different. Don’t Force operates on a preset basis while Global operates….. globally. In other words, a preset can cause any Variax data it may contain to be ignored even if the overall Variax control is set to Per Preset. This can be useful, for instance, if you are using a preset that you did not create, including factory presets. You are able to have all such Variax control data to be ignored in one tweak, rather than having to visit each control parameter and normalize it’s value.

On 11/30/2022 at 10:57 PM, psarkissian said:

"Force" means that whatever set up in a preset for the Variax in the 500X, the 500X will 'Force'

the Variax to bring up that Variax Model as part of the Preset.  That would be something you would

set-up in the 500X edit page.

In the manual the force function is the Enable/Disable in the500X Set Up page in the online manual page-16.

https://l6c-acdn2.line6.net/data/6/0a06434cb30151dddd9ae9314/application/pdf/POD HD500X Pilot's Guide ( Rev C ).pdf?_ga=2.156462331.1369400886.1669655039-1854743224.1659634079

Thanks a lot for the explanation, I will try this as soon as I go home ;)