Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Midi Files for controling Helix LT

frhernan

Hi guys

I have a problem connection beetween helix LT and B-Beat (backing tracks player), I can't make comunicatión between them, I was prepare the MIDI files in Cubase 12 and it works with HELIX only when the USB is connected, but when export the midi files and play whit the B-BEAT the files don't work. The B-BEAT have miniplug tipe B MIDI output that is conected to the MIDI in of the HELIX.

Thak you in atvance 

On 2/26/2023 at 11:08 PM, frhernan said:

Hi guys

I have a problem connection beetween helix LT and B-Beat (backing tracks player), I can't make comunicatión between them, I was prepare the MIDI files in Cubase 12 and it works with HELIX only when the USB is connected, but when export the midi files and play whit the B-BEAT the files don't work. The B-BEAT have miniplug tipe B MIDI output that is conected to the MIDI in of the HELIX.

Thak you in atvance 

I think you need to look through the manual for the B-Beat.  I looked at their site and it does mention sending midi events to connected devices, but doesn't go into any specifics.  I do not see any midi ports on the device, and it looks like the usb port is only for connecting a usb drive, not for midi-over-usb.

• Upvote 1

Well I took the extra step and looked through the manual and there's not a single discussion in the MIDI section about how to set the MIDI channel.  This looks like the MIDI stuff was an afterthought as far as features and you're probably only going to get an answer by contacting their support people.

On 2/27/2023 at 5:08 AM, frhernan said:

Hi guys

Thak you in atvance 

Hi,

Along with the other users who have posted comments, I looked at the manual for the B. Beat and all references to MIDI are associated with MIDI files, which I would imagine are the SMF (Standard MIDI Files) that are used to play back sequences on 16 channels as there are lots of mentions of 16 channel audio, yet the physical connections for audio out are 6 mono jacks sockets.

Without downloading the Manger App, I cannot find any information on how you change what is transmitted on any given MIDI channel. Therefore, as suggested by others, I think you need to contact tech support at M-Live.

One thing that I do know is - MIDI implementation on the Helix is fairly limited, and it certainly doesn’t handle SYSEX.

Hope this helps/makes sense.