Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Is it posible to have 10 snapshots?

Intifelipe

It's highly unlikely anyone from Line 6 will see or respond to you on this forum as this is really just for users.  However there are quite a number of users here that have been using Helix since it's introduction and are quite active in the beta testing programs.

I personally think the real question here is, is it WISE or even necessary to use more than 8 snapshots?  Snapshots are a great tool.  So is a circular saw, but I wouldn't depend on it to fix every problem I encountered in maintaining my home.  And the real issue is how many users would sctually benefit from more than 8 snapshots?  I'm not sure that's a huge number of us.  A better question is how much would DSP limitations make having extra snapshots irrelevant?

In many cases I think snapshots can cause someone to disregard an obviously better approach.  The fact is, you have much more capability for variations in your tone and usage of the Helix via having access to 1024 different presets.  How often are you using that capability?  Yes there is a slight pause when changing presets, but I've never encountered that as a problem since I'm not playing music constantly with no breaks or pauses for a period of 4 hours, so I can easily afford that pause to load a new preset configuration.  In the over 7 years of performing with my Helix every week I've yet to feel even a hint of a problem with not having enough snapshots available or running low on DSP.  But that's because I use my Helix to it's greatest advantage in that it can easily adapt to different styles and genres across any performance...which is the PRINCIPLE value of any modeler.

• Upvote 1

On 3/24/2023 at 10:43 AM, DunedinDragon said:

It's highly unlikely anyone from Line 6 will see or respond to you on this forum as this is really just for users.  However there are quite a number of users here that have been using Helix since it's introduction and are quite active in the beta testing programs.

I personally think the real question here is, is it WISE or even necessary to use more than 8 snapshots?  Snapshots are a great tool.  So is a circular saw, but I wouldn't depend on it to fix every problem I encountered in maintaining my home.  And the real issue is how many users would sctually benefit from more than 8 snapshots?  I'm not sure that's a huge number of us.  A better question is how much would DSP limitations make having extra snapshots irrelevant?

In many cases I think snapshots can cause someone to disregard an obviously better approach.  The fact is, you have much more capability for variations in your tone and usage of the Helix via having access to 1024 different presets.  How often are you using that capability?  Yes there is a slight pause when changing presets, but I've never encountered that as a problem since I'm not playing music constantly with no breaks or pauses for a period of 4 hours, so I can easily afford that pause to load a new preset configuration.  In the over 7 years of performing with my Helix every week I've yet to feel even a hint of a problem with not having enough snapshots available or running low on DSP.  But that's because I use my Helix to it's greatest advantage in that it can easily adapt to different styles and genres across any performance...which is the PRINCIPLE value of any modeler.

Same here. I have a preset for each song (or even several if the effect blocks are the same) and just change presets when it's time for another song.

My TOP snapshot usage is 5 for a particular song. So, for me, 8 is more than enough.