Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Anyone know if new Helix models ship w/3.5 installed?

boynigel

i've a family member in the military deployed overseas right now.  he's contemplating getting the LT, but he's not in a situation where he could do an update for quite some time.  does anyone know if the new units are shipping with 3.5?

On 4/22/2023 at 11:00 PM, boynigel said:

does anyone know if the new units are shipping with 3.5?

It’s a secret - you don’t know until you open the box and plug in. Depends what shelf, in what warehouse, it came from.

Actually, every unit ships with Firmware 3.50, you just download it and install. It doesn’t matter where you are in the world - everyone can access it - simple really. If he’s not in a situation where he can update, then he is probably in a situation where he can’t play with it!

Imagine if he did buy a unit that had 3.5 installed and those sneaky people at Line 6 released a new version of the Firmware, which is another thing us mere mortals don’t know until it drops.

“Whenever I'm about to do something, I think, "Would an idiot do that?" And if they would, I do not do that thing.”  

—Dwight K. Schrute, Business School

On 4/22/2023 at 5:00 PM, boynigel said:

i've a family member in the military deployed overseas right now.  he's contemplating getting the LT, but he's not in a situation where he could do an update for quite some time.  does anyone know if the new units are shipping with 3.5?

Perhaps he can have someone in the US buy it, update it if needed, and then ship it wherever he's stationed.

On 4/22/2023 at 10:17 PM, craiganderton said:

Perhaps he can have someone in the US buy it, update it if needed, and then ship it wherever he's stationed.

Right, and that's likely what'll happen just to play it safe.  Hard to gauge how many units were already sitting in warehouses when 3.5 rolled out, and since the Helix is hardly new i'm guessing it's a fair amount the more i think about it

On 4/25/2023 at 2:25 PM, datacommando said:

Oooh, those sneaky (but very nice) people at Line 6 just released the 3.6 update - you can’t say I didn’t warn ya! Drat!

i thought you were being a wisenheimer, but after visiting their site, i guess not!  can't wait to hear the new triple rotary.  

• Upvote 1