Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

LT Question

NashVegasBlues

POD GO user here who recently acquired a Helix LT. Dumb question probably, but are Helix patches useable/compatible with the LT? I've noticed on most of the aftermarket sites that there are offerings for Helix but the LT is not mentioned. In other words... if I obtain a Helix patch, will it work in the LT?

On 5/1/2023 at 10:52 AM, NashVegasBlues said:

POD GO user here who recently acquired a Helix LT. Dumb question probably, but are Helix patches useable/compatible with the LT? I've noticed on most of the aftermarket sites that there are offerings for Helix but the LT is not mentioned. In other words... if I obtain a Helix patch, will it work in the LT?

They are compatible. 

On 5/1/2023 at 2:07 PM, jiml6 said:

They are compatible. 

No, they are not reusable.  You will need to recreate the patch from scratch one block at a time.  Pod GO / Helix have the same blocks though.  The only other thing, for some reason I needed to set my gain higher on the Pod GO as opposed to on the Helix.... same exact distortion block, but on the Pod GO, I was having less gain... weird....

On 5/1/2023 at 2:05 PM, theElevators said:

No, they are not reusable.  You will need to recreate the patch from scratch one block at a time.  Pod GO / Helix have the same blocks though.  The only other thing, for some reason I needed to set my gain higher on the Pod GO as opposed to on the Helix.... same exact distortion block, but on the Pod GO, I was having less gain... weird....

I meant going from Helix to LT. Sounds like that will work. Thanks!

On 5/1/2023 at 8:48 PM, NashVegasBlues said:

I was hoping that was the case... thanks!

Hi,

Just to clarify. All Helix, LT, Rack and Helix Native presets are compatible. HX Stomp and Stomp XL are only compatible with each other, but not the larger units which have twice the DSP available. HX FX is a law unto itself (no amps).

Presets created for the POD GO are not interchangeable with the Helix family of devices, they are a different format and use a different architecture.

Hope this helps/makes sense.

• Like 1

LT is compatible with Helix Floor.  Not necessarily the other way around. 

Floor has some features that LT does not have, such as: 1) mic jack, 2)10-stomp mode 3) extra effects loops.  So you may create a preset that uses Floor features that do not exist on the LT, as a result they will not work on the LT.  However, any preset created on the LT can work on the Floor. 

• Like 1

For the full run down on preset compatibility between various parts of the Helix ecosystem, check out the HX Edit Pilot’s Guide > Page 4 > Preset Compatibility

https://line6.com/data/6/0a020a3f1068664480499d1b73/application/pdf/HX Edit Pilot's Guide 3.60 - English .pdf

Or, click on the Question Mark icon in in the lower left window of your HX Edit GUI.

Hope this helps/makes sense.

• Upvote 1