Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Clean up sticky posts?

ninecows

I check by this forum frequently, but am I the only one who's puzzled that I need to scroll a lot to see some relevant new posts. And who will miss that there's e.g. 3.70 out there, because the sticky posts still talks about 3.10? 

Hopefully some moderators can do a bit of clean up in what's sticky and what's not. I would love to see the latest firmware announcements always be among the top 5 sticky posts. 

That being said: Then I just LOVE that a hardware that's what? 7-8 years old is still getting new firmware updates with a lot of new features. Thanks a lot to all the developers!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2

On 11/26/2023 at 2:29 PM, ninecows said:

And who will miss that there's e.g. 3.70 out there, because the sticky posts still talks about 3.10? 

Hi,

This cropped up elsewhere in here only a day or so back - this is a what I said in reply.

As you have already realised, there are no Line 6 staff here, and only very occasionally do they visit these forums - (See the “sticky comment” in the black banner stripe at the top of this page entitled “Welcome to the Line 6 forums”).

If you think it’s bad in here, you should check the Helix Native forum. The last mention of an update in there was from Digital_Igloo (Eric Klein - Chief Product Design Architect at Yamaha Guitar Group, Inc. / Line 6 / Ampeg), way back on January 25th 2018.

It’s like the Land That Time Forgot! in here.

Hope this helps/makes sense.

Basically, if you want to know what’s happening, you need to check either the Digital & Modelling section of TGP, or the Helix Family Group over on FarceBuck.

On 11/26/2023 at 9:48 PM, MGW-Alberta said:

a significant limitation of this forum is the apparent lack of ability to send PMs like other sites do.
At least I have never found a way.

This forum software is capable of many things. But it requires an admin that would enable all the features. And perhaps promote a bunch of trustworthy longtime members to moderators.

• Thanks 1

On 11/27/2023 at 5:10 PM, lou-kash said:

This forum software is capable of many things. But it requires an admin that would enable all the features. And perhaps promote a bunch of trustworthy longtime members to moderators.

This has been a "set it and forget it" enterprise since day one... and even if that weren't the case, I seriously doubt that you'd ever see any of the rabble being promoted to "Sheriff of Nottingham". First of all, it just ain't L6's style. And second, the last thing we need around here are more swelled heads ;)

• Haha 1