Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

POD HD500 - Are Firmware Upgrades Cumulative or Successive?

Mattical69

Hey L6 Community - I've got an older POD HD500 pedal set (2012) that I am needing to reload firmware to fix an issue. My question is:

Q: "Does installing the latest firmware cumulatively append and include all fixes and enhancements from previous firmware versions, or do we need to install the older updates in succession to gain all the new features, enhancements and fixes?"

Performing firmware updates can be tricky especially if some updates only apply correctly if a previous version has been successfully completed first. Hope it's cumulative to save time bringing this great old pedalboard back to life!

Thanks in advance for the feedback! -M@

Worth mentioning - you don't need to install the latest if you do not want to. The old firmware versions are there if you want to reinstall what you already have. 

But, yes, as previously stated, you only need to install one firmware. Everything that comes before it is included. 

• Like 1

As has already been said, the firmware update is cumulative.

Highly recommended to install the latest one available v2.62 as it brings some optimizations but above all the possibility of adding additional amp and cab models via the paid model packs (IMO they are worth it, especially during the periods when they are on discount), and the Global EQ fx.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

All about POD HD500/X

help and useful tips

• Like 1

Thanks, Guys!!! I knew I could count on your experience and excellent feedback! This greatly helps me, and yeah... @hurghanico I am interested in some of the add-ons, too! I love this 10-year old stomp box as it really still has a lot of life in it for home, studio and stage.

Wish you all a very Happy Holiday's and Happy New Year!  Rock On!!  -M@ 

On 12/19/2023 at 1:05 AM, Mattical69 said:

I am interested in some of the add-ons, too!

I am not going to stop anyone from buying something, nor am I going to suggest a way to cheat a company out of money, however.... 

As a musician, having multiple of gear for backup is a bit of a necessity. So, if you were to buy a used one, the owner would need to transfer rights to you.  

I only mention this because... the rights to the model packs can only be transfered one time. You don't want to end up with duplicate packs on your account. Or needing to control someone else's account so prevent the need to transfer packs.