Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Just Got My Hd500x Yesterday...

rye715

...and so far I am really liking it.  It's got what I need at the moment such as the Looper, Audio Interface and of course the Amp Models and the FX.

I confirm that it has a steep learning curve but I am ok with it. I have yet to test it on a PA and a real amp. I started with a simple setup :  A Tweed amp, a Dyna Comp, and a Screamer. Tweaked the amp and fx parameters briefly and I got the tone inside my head that my ears want to hear :)  Then added 2 Delays and Reverb. I am looking forward in discovering more in the coming days.

I really don't get the "no-power-switch" thing. I worry every time I plug the power cord thinking of any sudden power surge to the unit. But I bet Line6 has its reasons.

I just wanna know something :

I have a PingPong Delay and a Digital Delay in my patch. I'd like to be able to turn on the PingPong and turn off the Digital Delay in one switch, and vice versa. I tried reading the advanced guide but I seem not to find it. Please help me :)

Thank you. :)

You can assign both delay FX to the same FS. The procedure is described in the Advanced Guide on pages 3-10 through 3-12, in the section called 'FX and Amp Block Footswitch Assignment'.

After assigning the same FS to both delay FX, you then need to SAVE the preset in the state where one FX is ON and the other OFF. Henceforth, the FS will act as a toggle switch between the FX.

I was the same way when I got the HD500, I liked it even with the learning curve and now I'm getting to like it more and more. As far as the switch goes I just plug into a power strip and use that as my power switch and I try to only plug and unplug the USB and Power cord from the HD500 when I really need to in order to lessen the wear and tear that those ports are subject to and I do that for all my equipment since they're delicate.

I really don't get the "no-power-switch" thing. I worry every time I plug the power cord thinking of any sudden power surge to the unit. But I bet Line6 has its reasons.

Thank you. :)

You're not alone...makes no sense. How much of a cost savings could it possibly have been? I mean, it must have cost a lot more to spend all that time and energy figuring out how to make the EQs as completely unintiuitive as possible...

• Upvote 1

You can assign both delay FX to the same FS. The procedure is described in the Advanced Guide on pages 3-10 through 3-12, in the section called 'FX and Amp Block Footswitch Assignment'.

After assigning the same FS to both delay FX, you then need to SAVE the preset in the state where one FX is ON and the other OFF. Henceforth, the FS will act as a toggle switch between the FX.

Thanks for the tip. Apparently, I missed the part where I have turn one FX ON and the other one OFF. It worked :D Thank you very much.

You're not alone...makes no sense. How much of a cost savings could it possibly have been? I mean, it must have cost a lot more to spend all that time and energy figuring out how to make the EQs as completely unintiuitive as possible...

I hear a lot of fuss about it but anyway. Might as well not dwell on it. It just feels...peculiar.  :) Cheers!