Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

customtone sort issues

ramblinwreck

There have been issues with the new layout of the customtone page.  Why not just bring back the old layout?  It was better, and worked. 

Still unable to change the sort order and direction.  No matter which "Sort by" is selected, the patches are in the same order -- apparently oldest first from 10/9/15.  There is no UI element to click for the sort direction.

Also, it is annoying to have to click the comment icon to see the author's patch notes.

On 3/15/2024 at 8:19 AM, ramblinwreck said:

There have been issues with the new layout of the customtone page.  Why not just bring back the old layout?  It was better, and worked. 

Still unable to change the sort order and direction.  No matter which "Sort by" is selected, the patches are in the same order -- apparently oldest first from 10/9/15.  There is no UI element to click for the sort direction.

Also, it is annoying to have to click the comment icon to see the author's patch notes.

Yup... our lunch special today is a $hit sandwich. Line up and take your bite, lol.

Everybody hates it, as evidenced by the dozen other threads all gripping about the same things. In today's world "new and improved" often means "broken". It's the new normal, so buckle up...it's gonna be a bumpy ride. Politicians call it "progress". Enjoy! ;)

This has been a problem since at least mid January.  I've put in two trouble tickets.  I can't understand how a company that makes such great products as Line 6 allows their website to function so poorly. The technical team that makes the hardware must be embarrassed by the web design team.  Look at how easy it is to sort on Sweetwater's site, or Amazon, or dozens of other companies, but Line 6 and Yamaha are willing to have Internal Server errors.  Even when it worked, the search function was not that great. You should easily be able to sort by multiple criteria. Drop down menus are your friend. I know software designers now think they are evil, but they are MUCH easier for the end user to use than any alternative I've ever seen.  You should have a drop down for amp, for modulation, for eq, for delay, and still have a search box for keyword. This is very easy to do with an excel spreadsheet. So why can't "professional" web designers pull it off?