Sign in to follow this  
egarza17

Busted My Line 6 Spider Iv. Help!

Hello guys, I recently did something incredibly stupid. I connected my Spider IV 150Watt amp to my Ethernet cable (not knowing it was for a foot pedal) and all the lights lit up and it made a loud sound. A friend opened it up and we found a blown capacitor. I havent been able to identify a replacement online. its on the D6 port and its small an has YS M7 on it. can anyone help me locate one? I suspect it might be behind the loss of power cuz it stopped turning on after a while, but I suspect there might be other things that need fixing. Can anyone help me out??

post-1958856-0-72346600-1398813452_thumb.jpg

is that not just a fusible link dude inside the amp that blows when a problem occurs?

Now that's service !!! Yeah Booooooyyyyyzzzzzzzzz

Can't resist.......... "Word!" Ahhhhhhhhhhhh..................

Is there a security chip in the S4s?

-B

I did the same exact thing to mine and I replaced the PCB just like yours and now the leds dont light up and the text box just has a black bar going through it.

I did the same exact thing to mine and I replaced the PCB just like yours and now the leds dont light up and the text box just has a black bar going through it.

That's an indicator that there is something else in the amp not working, a service center can diagnose it.