Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Pop Noises When Switching Presets Via Hd500

the29band

I recently bought the DT25 head/cab combo and I also have the HD500. When using the L6 Link, it makes loud pop noises when i change the preset on the HD500 (or the edit software). Both the DT25 and the HD500 are on the latest firmware. I am concerned about these pops in a live situation especially when the amp is mic'd. Is this just my amp or is this a common problem? If it is indeed a common problem, how do you deal with it?

I did some search and looks like most folks are getting these pops when they change from Class A -A/B or vice versa but in my case I get it regardless

Thanks for your help in advance!

Are you on the latest firmware for both the DT25 and the HD500 ?

If yes, then I suggest a reflash of both and see if that changes anything.

If problem remains then contact Line6 support and open a ticket and they will help you get to the bottom of it.

Good luck.

If you're switching from one topology to another or switching class - anything where one of the relays is firing - there can be some noise. Also, though, if you're changing presets when connected to HD Edit, that could be making things worse, too. Does it make a difference if you're connected to Edit or not?

• 2 months later...