Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

HD400 BYPASS AND ROUTING?

bobsbro

Hi guys, ive recently Acuired an HD400. Loving it! However, im struggling with a few things...

1. Tap tempo.

Is it posible to set tap tempo so that it is Aplicable to any patch? So it doesnt revert back to the saved tempo?

2. Stombox bypass

Is there away to change it so the amp bypass switches between 2 amps? Because that way i could use one delay and one global tempo.

3. 4 cable method

Is there a way that using the stombox mode in the 4 cable method i can use the clean channel of my amp when the amp is bypassed and then bypass the preamp of my amp when I turn the amp on?

Hope this makes sense...

1. Tap tempo - Is it posible to set tap tempo so that it is Aplicable to any patch? So it doesnt revert back to the saved tempo?

2. Stombox bypass - Is there away to change it so the amp bypass switches between 2 amps? Because that way i could use one delay and one global tempo.

3. 4 cable method - Is there a way that using the stombox mode in the 4 cable method i can use the clean channel of my amp when the amp is bypassed and then bypass the preamp of my amp when I turn the amp on?

1. as mentioned above Tap Tempo is only patch specific.  However, you can set FX2 and FX3 globally to sync to your tap tempo automatically or not.

2. No.  Unlike the HD500 you cannot assign dual amps in the 400 and switch between them.

3. I presume you mean Pedal On/Off Mode (Amber LED) - with typical 4cm you will be feeding your amps input from the FX loop and the POD amp model will be off.  To switch to the POD internal amp and bypass your amp's pre section you will have to turn OFF the FX Loop and turn ON the Amp.  There is no way to do it with a single FS.  The HD500 allows much more flexibility in assigning FS functions so you could do this with one FS but the 400 is a different beast.