Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Podfarm Badly Distorting Reaper Tracks

Apparently i messed up and created a topic on the older forums, which are now read only so i will repost my question here. 

"Hello everyone.

I'm having a really annoying problem with the Pod Farm plug-in right now. I'm using an UX1 with the 32bit version of Reaper on Windows XP. Basically when i use Pod Farm as an effect for a track the sound becomes heavily distorted and messy, with crackling and popping. Note that this doesn't occur when i'm using the standalone version of Pod Farm. It worked perfectly at first, but started doing this one day out of the blue. I'm not clipping the input, neither the output before or after adding the effect. What could be the source of this problem? Any advice?

Thank you in advance!

Crackling and popping may indicate that your CPU usage is too high - select CPU usage view and check it while playing back the problem project.  IF you have a lot of CPU-intensive tracks going at the same time (VSTi's, reverbs), this might happen.

Crackling and popping may indicate that your CPU usage is too high - select CPU usage view and check it while playing back the problem project.  IF you have a lot of CPU-intensive tracks going at the same time (VSTi's, reverbs), this might happen.

+1  I've seen this happen with other recording programs as well, and not just when using Line 6 plug-ins.  Sometimes it's due to buffers being too small.  Have you tried increasing the buffer size in Reaper or in the ASIO driver?  I would not change them both at once.  See if either of them fixes the problem independently.

• 1 month later...