Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

UX2 no sound

I tried to use my UX2 today after being out of town for a week and it wouldn't pick up my guitar's signal. The meters would light up orange but they wouldn't move at all. I have the latest versions of everything, my computer and UX2 are authorized, my guitar and cable both work just fine, I also tried using a mic and that didn't work either. Any help would be much appreciated. 

Hi,

Are you able to hear other things with it - like videos etc.?

Have you had a look in the computer's sound settings? It could have switched to another sound card.

Also, is this happening with Pod Farm standalone or the plugin in another program, or with another program?

David

• 4 weeks later...

hiii i just got a ux2 and i have audio technica mic connected to it and the phantom power switch on with ableton live lite software that comes with the pack 

all updated and at the latest version 

but i hear a low sound of my microphone 

though i hear my guitars well 

and please guide me how to use microphone with sonar and ableton 

Hi all,

I have just purchased a POD Studio UX2, I have downloaded and installed all drivers and set the preferences in Logic to use it as the audio in and out device. I have connected the Analogue outs at the rear to inputs on my mixer yet I get no sound through the mixer or through the headphone socket when I play a track in Logic.

When I plug a guitar in I can see the signal is getting to the computer but again I get no sound at all from the outputs. 

Am I doing something wrong? 

Help!

I have the same problem,no sound when I plug the guitar in and meters do not move either.Changed cords,re-downloaded pod farm,rebooted computor,unplugged USB and still nothing from guitar input.Played a youtube video and meters worked and had sound.Any suggestions?

• 1 month later...

*Edit*

Hello. I am have thisproblem. Everything is installed, Updated and authorized. My Computer and DAW both see the UX2. But when I open up Pod farm or anything else that has sound. I get nothing. Nothing is going in and nothing is coming out. I Reinstalled Windows. I tried everything. This computer is a Samsung laptop. Win 7. Intel I7, 6gb RAM. Good computer

Heres the kicker...

After playing around for literally days trying to get this thing to work... I switch to my girlfriends PC. HP, Win 7, Not sure what processor but its a dual core. 4 gb RAM.

I installed Pod Farm 2. Updated everything. Authorized it. Worked perfectly! First try. So we switched computers. I used the HP for a while.

Just a couple days ago for lollipops n giggles I decided to try pod farm again on my Samsung. And Holy hell! I got it to work! Spent hours transfering everything back to the Samsung and all my girlfriends stuff back to her HP. Got my DAW Running. My Toontrack stuff. Then... No sound again... Just like when I first bought it.

What in the hell could be going on? I created a support ticket and talked to the guy about it for a couple days and he couldnt figure it out either. Please help me!

OK... So I got the UX2 to work. I have two theories on this for why It didnt work. This may sound crazy but you know what? Computers are crazy to deal with.

If you are having the same issue as me i hope this works for you as well.

First theory... I dont know about any other DAW but Fruity Loops gives you the option to install the audio driver ASIO. This time around, i didnt install it. This may not be news to most but it got me! lol So I think for some reason my default stock Sound drivers with ASIO were conflicting with the Line 6 Drivers. How? I have no clue... its just a theory and wouldnt hurt to try uninstalling ASIO and Pod Farm drivers and starting all over completly.

Second theory... Everytime I got Pod Farm to work It was on the Administrator profile on my computer. Now, I dont know If maybe when I switch the profile back to a normal profile on my comp it changes settings to which programs are allowed to run without admin rights. All computers are different in their own ways. Again this may sound stupid. But to someone with more knowledge with computers than me... This might just makes sense. Or lead to different ways of thinking when trying to fix this issue.

Again... heres the kicker. On My girlfriends HP. I ran it on the normal windows profile and had ASIO installed. This is what leads me to believe that one or both of the theories may be true.

This time around when i got Pod farm to work I did nothing special. Installed the latest software and drivers. Authorized and I was good to go. Listening to good ol metal on my itunes throuh the UX2 as I type.

I hope this helps! Sometimes the stupid simple things fix the big, annoying problems.

• 3 years later...
  • 2 years later...