Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Securing POD HD500X to Pedaltrain board

frstrat

The two mid rubber feet secure a vertical metal strengthening bar that supports the large sheetmetal face with foot switches when pressed with a foot to save the top buckling.

You can remove the 4 outer feet no probs but those two inner ones will need a suitable replacement screw that fits to hold the plate. Not sure if taking the rubber off it will screw all the way in, if it does your in business. Depth of screw won't be an issue. 

I want to use some hook-and-loop to secure my 500X to a Pedaltrain PT3SC. Can I remove the rubber feet on the POD so it can place some velcro strips on it to then secure it to the Pedaltrain?

Thanks,

F

I use a pedal train pro and have my 500x secured with the supplied Velcro. All the feet can come off. The screw doesn't bottom out and the screw head is large enough it doesn't need a washer either. Did this with my old 500 and the 500x and they both work fine. Been gigging this way for years.

I use a pedal train pro and have my 500x secured with the supplied Velcro. All the feet can come off. The screw doesn't bottom out and the screw head is large enough it doesn't need a washer either. Did this with my old 500 and the 500x and they both work fine. Been gigging this way for years.

Where do you attach the velcro on your 500x for the pt-pro? Don't the two narrow ribs under the 500x keep it from being secure? (if you could link a picture of the underside of your HD, that would be swell.)

Thanks.

Where do you attach the velcro on your 500x for the pt-pro? Don't the two narrow ribs under the 500x keep it from being secure? (if you could link a picture of the underside of your HD, that would be swell.)

Thanks.

I run it in vertical strips if I remember right. I will take a look when I get home from work and see. I hate peeling it off because I have to remove my cables that are wire tied in place but I will see if I can do it in an easy way

I do not have the 500 so I'm not familiar with how the feet are located, but I found a method that helpt me to fix my Behringer FCB 1010 to my Pedaltrain. I made two al-plates about the with of the velcro and the hight between the two bares on the Pedaltrain. Then I added Velcro in both sides of the plate and the oposit side under the FCB1010. Placed the FCB1010 in the pedalboard. Sits like a rock and I did not need to remove the feet. On the FCB1010 the feet are not that high. In case on the 500 you might need a thicker plate, like plywood or something, but you figure that out. Biggest proboblem now is hard to remove it ;-)

I use the FCB1010 with my POD HD PRO and it works great. I control both my Pro and a loop switch, RJM Mini Gizmo, for my pedals. All placed in my rack. 

Good luck