Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Are FX100 effects & amps from the X3 series ?

killergege

I was wondering if the effects & amps available on the FX100 are the ones that are provided with the POD X3 ?

In their ads they says there are more than 200 effects so I guess there are not the POD HD (there are a bit less) and as they say there are many existing sounds on custom tone, I guess this is not a new set of simulated gear but it's from previous products.

If it's X3, isn't it a step back in "simulation" quality ?

+1 to Silverhead

It's pretty much the same sound engine as POD Farm/X3.

Currently the FX100 does not have all the models/effects from the X3.

Cool thing with the AMPLIFi is you can have more than one of the same type of stomp/effect in your chain.

+1 to Silverhead

It's pretty much the same sound engine as POD Farm/X3.

Currently the FX100 does not have all the models/effects from the X3.

Cool thing with the AMPLIFi is you can have more than one of the same type of stomp/effect in your chain.

You can also have the same with Pod X3 by virtue of dual tones..which the Amplifi cannot do atm.

You can also have the same with Pod X3 by virtue of dual tones..which the Amplifi cannot do atm.

Not really, though... It's not quite the same. Yes, I suppose you can do the thing where you jumper Tone 1 into Tone 2, but that was always a little jenky with the X3. It adds noise, and it also means that all your tones have to be set up that way. The signal chain in the FX100 is actually quite a bit more flexible.

+1 to phil

My understanding is the algorithms are the same as the xt/X3/POD Farm series. 

But there are configs you can achieve in the AMPLIFi that you can not do in the xt/X3  series.

That being said, I can honestly say the FX100 seems to render the algos a bit differently, many of the amp models seem to be a bit more reactive to me than my PODxt and POD Farm. For all I known this could be purely psychological , but when I'm jamming it feels like there's more something there. That something could be my imagination, but it's fun for me and gets my creative mojo flowing.

• 1 year later...