These forums are read only, please use our new forums here.

Main :: POD Farm / POD Studio / TonePort

UX2 DIY repair - how to open it
by jdubin on 2009-03-19 15:31:47

Hi folks,

I have a UX2 which has a flaky line out, and instead of trying to send it in for repair (I'm sure it's far out of warranty and would cost a fortune), I'd rather just crack it open and replace the 1/4" jack myself.  Thing is... I'd rather not literally *crack* it open.  Anyone have any tips on how to (gently) open the case to get to the innards?  I can't seem to find any obvious means to do so.

Thanks!

EDIT

After trying desperately to pry the thing open with a putty knife (ala mac mini), I finally figured it had to be held together by the nuts on the 1/4" jacks.  I was right -- unscrew the nuts, remove the plastic pieces surrounding the jacks, and remove the four screws on the XLR connectors.  That's it.  I'm glad I didn't apply too much pressure trying to pry it open!

Re: UX2 DIY repair - how to open it
by HeavyWave on 2009-08-23 14:42:31

Thanks a lot, man! I'd never thought those nuts were not part of the jack input. Spilled some water on my UX2 and was trying to clean it. Thanks to you it is now as good as new

by mauf on 2010-02-01 08:55:05

hey man, thank you ! had to open my ux2 cause the cable jack broke inside of the input1 jack and i had to get out the piece without destroying my ux2. it worked perfect, thank you !

by hermandempers on 2010-06-10 02:40:20

Thanks!!

jdubin, is there any chance you know how to remove the knobs on top? Thanks inadvance.

by gregmoore on 2010-07-31 12:26:52

The Knobs just pull striaght up.

by BillyBetancur on 2012-11-30 17:31:00

Thanks Bro!!

The information above may not be current, and you should direct questions to the current forum or review the manual.