These forums are read only, please use our new forums here.

Main :: POD HD

Support forums for all POD HD products

Factory reset for HD500
by tbeardmore on 2010-10-21 07:16:50

Isn't there a factory reset for the HD 500...???

NEED HELP!! Thanks

I know about the

[Video Tutorial] How to Reset the POD HD by updating or reinstalling the Flash Memory

http://line6.com/community/docs/DOC-2057

and there is a Factory Reset for the 300 and 500

[Video Tutorial] POD HD300 / 400 Factory Reset

http://line6.com/community/docs/DOC-2043

I also found this on the topic......

Factory Reset HD500? in                                                                    POD HD Oct 8, 2010                                                                 by evilbert420
I don't see how to factory reset the HD500. Is the only way to re-flash via USB and tell it not to save the presets?
Tags: hd500 factory reset pod
Re: POD HD 500 Crashed. Please Help. in                                                                    POD HD Oct 13, 2010                                                                 by nickmattocks
I suspect the HD500 factory reset procedure I used early in the beta test no longer works.  I read a post  - I think from Line6Miller the other day as I recall- that said there  was no factory reset procedure for the HD500 except to flash the unit. That being the (probable) case you're a bit stuck if your unit won't accept the update properly Nick

Re: Factory reset for HD500
by ricksox on 2010-10-21 08:36:19

The only way to reset the POD HD500 is to reinstall the flash memory via Line 6 Monkey software.

Line6Miller

by ozbadman on 2010-10-21 08:55:15

Hi Line6Miller,

I presume this is because you can overwrite all flash slots, including the Factory Presets correct? That is to say, the factory presets are stored nowhere in the HD500 except in the rewriteable tone slots. If this is not the case, then it would be great if Line 6 could add a factory reset option on the HD500.

Cheers,

David.

by tbeardmore on 2010-10-21 11:38:23

Hello Mr. Line6Miller...

I did that and it completely erased.. All Factory Tones.

Is there a way to get the Factory Tones back?

Thanks,

Todd

by Nick_Mattocks on 2010-10-21 11:59:50

Re-flash but this time answer No when the process asks if you wish to keep your tones.

Nick

by tbeardmore on 2010-10-21 19:27:02

AWESOME!!! THANKS NICK!!

YOU ROCK!

by fxsts60 on 2010-10-23 05:07:05

Thank you Line 6 Miller, I just got my 500 a week ago I think its great. Running my Taylor ce 414 into mic input and acoustic air preset,that taylor has never sound like that!!! I love it,thank you line 6.

by ocala on 2010-12-02 10:16:03

So, reinstalling the flash memory, and answering "no" to "keep your tones" puts everything back to original? Is "save bundle" what saves all of the settings? I'm sorry for the newbie question.

by silverhead on 2010-12-02 10:25:38

Save Bundle creates a file that contains all the current settings in your HD500 and allows you to save the file anywhere on your computer. You can also save individual presets by drag/dropping them from HD500 Edit to a computer folder. Do this before restoring the factory presets so that you can later load up any of your current presets.

by ocala on 2010-12-06 08:04:51

Thank you so much for helping me out.

by johandovelius on 2010-12-06 12:57:48

Wouldn't it be easy for Line 6 to just offer a downloadable bundle with all the presets? As you can save all current presets as a bundle and save or share it, it would be great to get all the presets as a bundle, and save on the computer. Practically, it is four setlists. It's of course to late for me, as I have tweaked some of the factory presets. I thought I could recall them anytime. I guess a lot of us users have done the same.

Is there anywhere a bundle could be posted? Maybe somewhere in the Customtone area?

by Nick_Mattocks on 2010-12-06 13:22:08

CustomTone only stores individual tones unfortunately

Here are the 4 default set lists from the HD500 though

Nick

by johandovelius on 2010-12-06 21:43:04

Great! Many thanks!

Johan

by feinberger on 2011-03-04 13:16:10

What if the POD is not reconized by my USB port? I updated the flash and now my computer doesn't detect it when its plugged into USB. So there is just no way to reset it?

by hanibani on 2011-09-06 12:46:32

Thanks!!! I had the same problem...

by glen_mcenroe on 2012-11-06 07:05:34

Some one please help i seem to have a problem

My pod hd 500 seems to be no working when i plug on my adapter to the pod the main screen shows line 6 but keeps on blinking away and does not go on the the present screen someone please help .

by jimsreynolds on 2012-11-06 10:22:36

Glen

Try a global settings reset:  hold down the 'right' button on the directional keypad and power up the Pod.   This does a global settings reset and can help.  It is also useful if the preset you were working with was corrupt as it jumps you back to patch 1A.  If you use this, you will need to check your global settings to make sure they are how you want them.  You will also need to recalibrate your expression pedal (details here --> http://line6.com/support/docs/DOC-2223).  None of your homemade presets will be lost but your setlist names will be renamed to the default names.

If the global reset does not clear it then you can try a safe mode reset.  This time be ready with your PC and USB cable.  Now hold down the 'left' button on the directional keypad and power up the pod.   Connect the USB cable and use Line 6 Monkey to flash-update the firmware on the POD.  Make sure you choose not to overwrite exisiting presets.

As a final thing, if the previous thing fails, repeat the previous process but this time hold down the 'down' button on the directional keypad and power up the pod..  This is a deeper level of safe mode.

In each case:

1)  Power off

2)  Hold down the button and then ...

3)  Power on

4)  wait a few seconds then release the button

Links

by preciousgeorge on 2012-11-10 11:59:55

Holding the LEFT nav pad key while powering up does the Global Settings Reset.  (Not the right nav key...right key takes you to Test Mode where you'd peform the pedal calibration required after the Global Settings Reset).

1 caution is performing a Global Settings Reset will change all your set list names back to the factory names.  Lucily all your stored presets (within your set lists) are unaffected.

by jimsreynolds on 2012-11-10 17:03:19

Heck, yes you are right.   Left is global reset and I should have suggested right ... which does also work as a safe mode (with down as a deeper version of the same).  Apologies to glen_mcenroe for the bad steer

by toneman2121 on 2012-11-10 18:42:09

jimsreynolds wrote:

...  Apologies to glen_mcenroe for the bad steer

yo jimmy, you need a steering suspension aligment. you just got there the long way around

by rmaginnis on 2013-02-17 09:27:06

Check that the USB port on the back of your HD 500 isn't broken like mine. I cant do anything as far as downloading from my computer and as a result i need to program everything manually from my board. I tried to have it fixed and no one would touch it, no warranty left. I tried fixing it myself and messed it all up. Oh well.

The information above may not be current, and you should direct questions to the current forum or review the manual.