These forums are read only, please use our new forums here.

Main :: POD X3

How to use just the effects/ stomp box/ and compression on pod x3 live pedal through amp
by MetalCarn on 2011-07-19 21:49:50

I would like to know how to use just the Pod x3 live pedal boards compression/ boost, delay, modulation, and stomp box settings through my amplifier but use only my amps distortion (not the pedals amp settings) but use the x3 live pedal effects, compression/ boost, and stomp box. is this even possible? i've tried hooking it up normally and just turning all the eq on the pedals amp settings to 0 but it does nothing but make it sound like crap. I have a Marshall MG4 Series MG100HFX and MG412A Half Stack and i want to use its distortion but use my pedals effects, compression/ boost, and stomp boxes (mainly the tube screamer setting :] ). Please for the love of God anyone and everyone who knows anything of what I'm talking about please help.

Re: RE: How to use just the effects/ stomp box/ and compression on pod x3 live pedal through amp
by Line6Don on 2011-07-25 11:51:04

Hey MetalCarn,

All you will need to do is use the navigational key to the right of the LED screen on your POD X3 Live to select the "AMPCAB" model within the presets signal flow. Once it is highlighted by the bold outline, you can press the button labeled "On/Off" to the right of the LED screen to turn the "AMPCAB" model for that preset. You will need to do this on every preset you plan to use.

Re: RE: How to use just the effects/ stomp box/ and compression on pod x3 live pedal through amp
by MetalCarn on 2011-07-25 18:06:43

Thank you very much!! I'm kinda mad at how simlple that was but now I know I guess haha. Again thank you very much

The information above may not be current, and you should direct questions to the current forum or review the manual.