These forums are read only, please use our new forums here.

Main :: XD-V Digital Wireless Microphones

wireless mic forums

p180 and p180 v2
by bachbroccoli on 2012-04-07 12:57:58

Here in the Netherlands i ordered a pair of line6 p180 directional active antennas but my dealer is not able to supply.

This for my daisychained set-up of four xd-v75 systems.

Now they offered me a pair of p180 v2.  Is this an upgrade? Does anyone know if there is any difference between them?

I already bought a pair of p360 omni-directional antennas. There also seems to be a p360 v2.

Are the v2 versions an upgrade for XD-v75 systems? Better compatability?

i really hope i haven't got an old version of the p360 paddles. I need optimal reception with my system.

Re: p180 and p180 v2
by RonMarton on 2012-04-07 18:07:42

I feel that all will be well with the versatile alternatives you will now have.

My two "daisy chained" kits of four work really well, swapping between the supplied "rubber duckies" and four "original" v.1 P180 paddles. With a bit of attention to "aiming" my P180's, I've had stable outdoor, line-of-sight, "real world" reception from a sweaty rugby referee's TBP12 belt-pack 300 metres away, more than triple Line 6's specification !

Line 6 never seem to rest as far as improving their products, so I suspect v.2 addresses production niggles that are "invisible" to most of us, ...maybe things like DC current drain, internal solidity, revised componentry or some such.

Your choices are now great, in that you could "mix and match", based on a pre-performance "walk test".

For example, there'd be nothing stopping you from running one "side" nearby as "omni", (rubber whip or P360) located "inside" the perfomance space, with the more distant other being an aimed P180 that "sees" the same "arena" around RF obstructions, with coverage from a totally different angle.

Incidentally, although a BNC "video barrel" joiner between two lengths of LMR-195 will definitely "cost" some signal, there may well be locations that work better with a more distant angle being achieved like this, with the loss from the joiner being compensated by more gain being switched in at the paddle's "head" amplifier.

As ever, a "walk test", coupled with the XD-V receivers' excellent front-panel diagnostics, will quickly yield a "safe" solution for any location, no matter how "strange".

The information above may not be current, and you should direct questions to the current forum or review the manual.