These forums are read only, please use our new forums here.

Main :: Spider Jam

SD card assistance needed!
by J_2912 on 2012-08-18 05:33:05

Trying to save files from the amp to the SD card and it keeps telling me the card is write protected even though it is unlocked and I am able to transfer and save files to the card with my PC. Is there a specific brand or type of card required? I'm using a Sandisk 2gb standard card that appears to be functioning correctly in my other devices and I can't figure out the problem. Please help!!

Re: SD card assistance needed!
by daydreamin7677 on 2012-08-21 16:02:40

The spider jam will only support a 1GB SD card

by thozzman on 2012-08-21 20:37:06

The instructions say a 2 GB card is acceptable and that's what I use.

by daydreamin7677 on 2012-08-22 08:08:34

Your absolutley correct thozzman.

J2912, have you formatted your SD card?

Insert card into SD slot

Press the save button

Turn the big shinny wheel until you see format card, then press right arrow to format

Press the up arrow to confirm "yes", the format will take a few seconds

When format is complete push any button to begin a new session

Page 2-1 of the advanced users guide

by J_2912 on 2012-08-23 03:43:08

Thanks for the info, I downloaded the advanced users guide and tried to format the card but my SpiderJam keeps telling me the card is write protected and cant be formatted, I have pretty much exhausted all avenues so I think I might just buy another card and try that, it could be a faulty card but it works fine with my laptop so I'm at a loss as to what's going on. It does appear to be a very prevalant problem as I have seen many other poor souls having similar issues, I really should have just brought the Spider IV 120 that I was originally going to get and not been dazzled by all the "bells and whistles" the sales guy demonstrated lol

by daydreamin7677 on 2012-08-23 12:14:31

Yeah try another SD card, also there is a little switch on the SD card itself have you tried moving that to another position? As far as the Spider IV 120, I have one of those as well and honestly it collects dust until I play out. I use the shit out of my Spider jam for practicing and recording. I think once you get it sorted out you will be happy with it. You could also try a factory reset, however this will delete everything you have saved in the amp to include your custom tones

by J_2912 on 2012-08-25 01:26:44

I tried the lock on the side of the card, I'm pretty sure it's just a compatability problem, will try a different brand and post results

The information above may not be current, and you should direct questions to the current forum or review the manual.