Creating parallel path on 1B or 2B causes dry guitar to override settings
Helix LT 3.11
HX Edit 3.1 on Win 10
- Start with a new preset. Change input to something not in use, just to verify you can start with no guitar present (e.g. USB 1/2 or Return 1) then change back to Multi or any working input.
- Add any block to Path 1A (e.g. Amp+Cab to easily hear alteration to the sound).
- Add a second block to Path 1A.
- Drag second block to create Path 1B, then drag Split and Merge points to Path 1B to create fully parallel path.
- Delete block in Path 1B, which will remove the Path.
- Delete block in Path 1A, reverting to empty preset.
- Dry guitar is now present regardless of input settings, output settings, blocks or paths created.
Further notes from testing:
- Only tested on HX Edit, I don't know if this also happens when working on the unit directly.
- Tested with a Variax using VDI cable (models and mag) and 1/4" (mag only).
- Did a factory reset/restore from backup after first noting the issue, but haven't tested on another unit.
- This only happens when you create a fully parallel second path on either Path 1 or 2.
- It sounds like an obscure issue, but it has potential consequences. For example if you create a parallel path on an existing preset, there is no way back once you save it - except to restore your preset from a backup or start over. You are otherwise stuck with the dry guitar on your preset.
- If you're feeling especially evil, prank a friend by doing this to all their blank presets and watch them slowly descend into madness.