Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Can't change default audio device when pod is plugged into USB

joetink

Hi everyone,

I've had this problem for quite some time.  Whenever the POD HD500 is plugged into my computer via USB (which is use constantly for L6edit), Windwos 7 will not let me change the default audio device for listening to music (outside of my DAW), and furthermore the pod won't allow me to play music through media player, etc.  So, I have to constantly plug and unplug the USB, which is more than annoying.  I've gone in through every audio setting I can find, and it literally won't allow me to change the default device to my stock sound card or my firewire solo.  Any help would be GREATLY appreciated!

-joe

Thanks for responding.  I guess i'm unaware of what that update might be.  I have my computer set up for automatic downloads and installations of updates, so i must have missed something, but this has been going on for about 3-4 months, i'm guessing.  shouldn't the 'update for the update' have also been automatically downloaded and installed?

it was a fairly recent update that only affected Windows 7 negatively. 

And, yes, if you have the auto update feature turned on, it should have gotten (or will on the next check) the fix too. 

So.... 

Now its time for someone else to help. Just needed to make sure that wasn't the issue. 

• 1 month later...

Do you have any other sound cards beside the onboard realtec ones?

They are not a pro sound card and are not true full duplex, (in and out at the same time.)

Check Monkey is up to date 

Make sure you don't have ASIO 4 on your computer

Finally, it might be a driver thing with line 6.In thaqt while the device is connected it over rides other ins and outs.

If the post above mine not work try this :

go to device manager

and take a look on your audio device

at least ,deactived all the other one and hold only the line 6 and the Realtek (of onboard soundcard) or your soundcard if this is on pci

take care of some nvidia or Ati sound device you can disable it to try      NOT UNINSTALL

just to see what's happend

restart PC

if not work

take this        http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/usbdeview.zip

it's free and standalone

Unplugg the line  6 device first

open usb deview

look if you see line 6 device? (on the left side)

If yes  right click on the mouse and choose "unintall this device"

do it for all the line 6 

restart pc  take a look   and plugg your device again Windows reconize your device again

Hope it help you

• 2 weeks later...

I've reinstalled the drivers after removing them.  Bjnette, I use a presonus firestudio or M-audio firewire solo as my sound card for my DAW, but whether I try to use one of those or the stock sound card out of the DAW, I get the same results. 

Punkyboy, when the driver is uninstalled the soundcard works, but that means I then can't use line 6 edit.