Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Will there be a driver update for Toneport kb37/Pod x3 pro for Yosemite?

mashtup

Are these line 6 products of any use to me if I stay on mac OSX Yosemite?

If these drivers are not to be updated, is Line 6 aware that the KB37 is still being sold? I hope they're making sure new buyers are aware of this situation.

Thanks in advance for any helpful information.

Paul

• 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...

Hi there, 

Just wondering if anyone will see this.  I'm trying to get my toneport kb37 to work with Logic 9 (on Yosemite) but so far no luck. Installed Line 6 Audio-Midi Driver 7.3.8 and still no joy.  All I would like to do is to be able to use the keyboard as a midi interface in Logic 9.  

Any help would be much appreciated.

All the best.

Hi there, 

Just wondering if anyone will see this.  I'm trying to get my toneport kb37 to work with Logic 9 (on Yosemite) but so far no luck. Installed Line 6 Audio-Midi Driver 7.3.8 and still no joy.  All I would like to do is to be able to use the keyboard as a midi interface in Logic 9.  

Any help would be much appreciated.

All the best.

I don't know much about mac but have you checked that logic 9's preferences are aimed at the KB37? It may not do it automatically.

Hi, 

Thank you for your reply.  Yes, I've checked Logic's preferences and everything is looking good.  

The problem is that the operating system (Yosemite) is not seeing the keyboard.  I've used this same keyboard on older mac operating system and it worked just fine, even without any drivers. It was plug and play. Just to clarify, I'm not trying to use the toneport kb37 as an audio interface, I'm just trying to use the keyboard as a midi interface for virtual Logic instruments.

Now, the keyboard is not even powering correctly, the needle gauges are flickering on and off and after a few seconds from plugging the keyboard in it turns it self off. Tried 3 different usb cables and all the usb ports in the computer, still nothing. Also reinstalled the drivers (mentioned above), and..... nothing changed. 

Best

Hi, 

Thank you for your reply.  Yes, I've checked Logic's preferences and everything is looking good.  

The problem is that the operating system (Yosemite) is not seeing the keyboard.  I've used this same keyboard on older mac operating system and it worked just fine, even without any drivers. It was plug and play. Just to clarify, I'm not trying to use the toneport kb37 as an audio interface, I'm just trying to use the keyboard as a midi interface for virtual Logic instruments.

Now, the keyboard is not even powering correctly, the needle gauges are flickering on and off and after a few seconds from plugging the keyboard in it turns it self off. Tried 3 different usb cables and all the usb ports in the computer, still nothing. Also reinstalled the drivers (mentioned above), and..... nothing changed. 

Best

I've had a similar issue with my KB37 Studio.

I remember if I shutdown my PC with the KB37 usb "plugged in" and then started the PC the keys didn't work. So I unplugged it, waited a second and then plugged it back in and it worked fine. What I do now is before I shutdown my PC I unplug the KB37, shut it down, and the next time I start the PC I wait till it's started before I plug in the KB37.

For some reason I have to do it like that, maybe 'cause I have "fast start" selected in my OS's settings, lol. Hope that makes some sense. Also you may be having a different issue.