Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

AMPLIFi 75 constantly loses data connection

Draconian55

It will work for a few minutes, then it will keep losing the connection.  I've used it with the remote app on an iPad mini and also the Android version on a Samsung Galaxy Note 3 - both have the same issue.  I just updated the firmware on the AMPLIFi 75 30 minutes prior...any ideas?

I use both iOS and Android versions of the Amplifi app. If you attempt to do any multi tasking (leave the Amplifi App enter a different app then return to Amplifi app) the connection is always lost. This is a bug that needs attention in both iOS and Android apps. I expect Line 6 will eventually address this although multitasking on ANY tablet has always caused other issues.

• Upvote 1

• 1 month later...

Data connectivity is often lost, It doesn't last more than a couple of minutes (reconnecting again using al the advices mentioned in the FAQ) but, more interesting is that bluetooth connectivity is not lost at all. If you dig into settings and activate "Show Advanced Routing" it yields Audio Playback is still running through AirPlay (BlueTooth doing well) but Tone Editing is not working. Both of them should be transmitting through BlueTooth or none. Therefore, besides of connectivity issues, there's kind of a bug in the Remote App or in the Amplifi firmware. Please, review the robustness of the Tone Editing data link.

There's another annoying thing about the BlueTooth issues FAQ: 2.5 and 5 Ghz WiFi disturbs BT, but this is unacceptable due to external conditions. How about neighbours who have a modern router on this frequencies? Or if you are going to play on a local who is using this kind of WiFi for internal activities? Or if you are performing a gig and hundreds of attendants are wearing smartphones configured to transmit in those frequencies? Should I ask them all to shut the smartphones off or what? In a technical point of view, BlueTooth is not related to 2.5 and 5 Ghz frequencies, unless there's a bad antenna design behind it.

Just to complete the information and in order to avoid wasting your time, yes, I did it all the "magical" solutions the FAQ is proposing, My iPad and Android devices are physically touching my Amplifi 75, who is completely up-to-dated.

• Upvote 1

• 5 months later...

My Amplify 75 is doing the same thing. I sent in a service ticket and was told to send in the amp to be fixed. It's eight months old!

The issue happens with my iPhone and iPad and yes the bluetooth connection is still there. The issue is indeed a line 6 bug. 

Very frustrated as I can't use the amp. Loved it when it worked.

Thinking about trading it for something else.

• 2 weeks later...

This is driving me nutts... was in a gig, not in important gig, but a gig all the same and it keeps dropping... cannot change tone etc, what a bag of sh1te, i looked like a right nob out there.. thanks Line6, I have 75 and it turns out to be a 15W practice amp, then i get a 150W and the speaker is ony a 50W rating.. both drop the data channel for no reason, tried ipad, ipad mini, andtoid tabs... its all flawed and buggy, load of cr@p.

• 2 weeks later...

Try disabling the iOS keyboard and locking sound under Settings.  I just bought an Amplifi and was having similar problems.  I turned off the keyboard and locking sounds and have not had a problem since.  My original post was under different topic (see link below). 

http://line6.com/support/topic/12778-amplifi-150-data-connection-continuing-issues/?p=113862  

I hope this helps you and others having connection issues.