Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

How could I change pod hd500x setlists by midi signal in pro tools?

d93swo

I'd like to use pro tools control pod hd500x. I use a midi channel to do this. But I cannot find "bank change( CC#00 ) in pro tools. I can change presets in the same setlist. I use pro tools 10.3.9..

How could I change pod hd500x setlists by midi signal in pro tools? 

This is from appendix B of the advanced user manual:

Bank & Program Change Messages
POD HD500 will respond to incoming MIDI Bank & Program Change messages as follows.

•     Load Set List: From your MIDI controller device, send a Bank Change CC0 (Bank MSB),    CC32    (LSB)    message    with    a    value    of    0    (for    Setlist    1), 1    (for    Setlist    2),    etc., followed    by    a    Program    Change    message    (Value    0-63    for    Preset    01A    -    16D)    for    the desired Preset within the Set List. The Set List and Preset are loaded on POD HD500.

•     Load a Preset within the current Set List: Send a Program Change message (Value 0-63    for    Preset    01A    -    16D)    for    the    desired    Preset    within the    current    Set    List.

I don't know about Pro Tools specifically, but it looks like you need to send a CC32 message to specify which setlist you want, and then a program change message to specify which patch. So it looks like you have first and last parts, but are missing the middle part or CC32 after CC0 and before a Program Change.

Thank you for your answer. I have read this in POD HD 500 advanced guide. My question is I cannot find "CC#0" in pro tools midi control. CC#32 in pro tools midi control refers to "program change". However I need to know how to change "setlist". 

In Reaper, CC0 is called Bank Select MSB. CC32 is called Bank Select LSB.

Program Change is not listed in Reaper with a CC#. There's one called Program. And there's one called Bank/Program Select. So maybe look for something similar in Pro Tools.

So what I understand it to be:

send any value using CC0 (Bank Change/Select MSB)

followed by a value of 0 to 15 using CC32 (Bank Change/Select LSB),

followed by a Program Change (no CC#) for preset.

I'm far from a midi expert, but it seems there are some messages in the midi protocol that aren't mapped to a CC#. Velocity, Pitch, Program, Channel Pressure, etc.

Here's how it works in Reaper:

post-1639216-0-94724100-1424015582_thumb.jpg

The first event signals the pod for a bank change. The value for CC0 must be zero or it doesn't work.

The second event specifies which setlist you want. In this case the value of 5 means the sixth setlist.

The last event specifies which patch you want in setlist 6. Ten means patch 3C.

I have to think that the setup would be very similar in Pro Tools.