Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Variax Modeling Output Levels

I have an odd problem with the output of the variax modeling.  When I use my Samson Wireless system the output from the modeling side of the guitar is to hot for the unit and ends up clipping and sending the input signal meter into the red (especially noticeable in the acoustics) however the magnetic pickups themselves output at a level the input signal meter likes.  There is a 15db pad on the unit but this just drops the signal to low.

Now when I use the VDI I have no problems but I have an 80s cover band and an original prog band.  I use the wireless for the 80s and the VDI for the Prog.

I would lower the string volume on the Variax modeling but I am afraid of how this will affect the VDI output.  Any thoughts or suggestions would be appreciated.

One thought you could save the same patch with different volumes on the guitar. Say for 1 band in custom one and the other in custom 2.

Don't have any info but hoping if it ever comes out the new Variax Workbench lets you adjust each sting volume.

I would lower the string volume on the Variax modeling but I am afraid of how this will affect the VDI output.  .....

In the past I have lowered the string volume on a Variax 300 without any issues. VDI Output and modeling quality did not seem to be affected.

Just lower your string volume by a little bit if it's clipping.

If you lower it a lot, then some models will sound weird, like the sitar won't resonate well.

What I did, was lower string volume accordingly, and then lower all model levels by like 1 db. Sounds great, no clipping on any of the models.