Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

POD HD Pro X User - What Firmware do I use

Vocalpoint

Been trying to follow the threads here with the new FW release - but there are so many issues, version numbers and so on flying around in here.

I have not done anything to my Pro X yet - if I fire up the Monkey later today - will I see 2.62 coming down the pipe? And if I do - should I update?

Just want to be sure I have the right version and enough info to get this working before I even try to update.

Just amazes me how every Pro X out there - SHOULD be exactly the same inside - yet one guy updates fine and another guy has a failure of some sort.

Any info on what to do - or what not to do (if applicable) would be most appreciated.

Cheers!

VP

Line 6 Monkey will always tell what the most recent version is as long you have installed the latest version of it (and it tells you if there's a new version available when you try to launch it). But 2.62 is the most recent version, and that's the one you want to use. As far as whether you should, I wouldn't worry about too much. I actually see very few cases of people having issues with the updates for the POD. If you're interested in purchasing the model packs, you have to do the update. Even if you don't want those, you get the Global EQ for free.

It's up to you if you want to update.

There's really nothing gained by updating, unless you plan on buying any of the model packs or you have use of a global EQ.

There is at least one esoteric bug that was fixed. The F-ball amp, when turning the bass to zero, mid to 100, and then treble to 100 would produce dead silence. Maybe there's other bugs that were fixed. It sure would be nice for line 6 to let its users know exactly what was fixed.

There is a new bug that was introduced. If you use hd edit a lot and work with the DEP controls, you'll find that the percentage values are no longer displayed. You'll have to look at the units screen to see them.

As far as some people having problems and others not, my guess would be something related to the host computer's usb implementation.

Just amazes me how every Pro X out there - SHOULD be exactly the same inside - yet one guy updates fine and another guy has a failure of some sort.

They are the same. Differences in the update experience boil down to differences in the users' computer environments. The most common problem is usb connectivity, the reliability of which depends on many things - most of them in the computer.

• Upvote 1