Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

app compatibility

tylerhen

So the only way to use the FX is with a phone or tablet?  There's no way to use windows?  So if somebody doesn't have a smartphone or tablet this thing is useless?  I do have an android but I would hate to have to use that rather than my computer right next to my other equipment.  

Thanks for any help.  

well this is the concept of this product !

It relies on the asumption that almost everybody has at least a smartphone (even if the tablet is much more confortable to drive the FH).

If it is a stopper for you, maybe the HD500 or the helix are the appropriate solutions for you.

Or you can submit an enhancement request for a win8 version.

Exactly,

I damaged my calf muscle playing football at the weekend and I'm on strict doctors orders to rest the leg and keep it raised

So I'm sat on the sofa with my guitar and phone, my amp and the Firehawk are the other side of the room but I can control everything from here without having to move, I'm expecting a lengthy lay off so was quite depressed about it yesterday but since I hooked up the guitar I'm feeling much more positive about things lol

Oh and the more I use this thing the more it is blowing me away, the tones I'm getting after just a week are much better than anything I got out of the hd500 or zoom g5 and I tweaked those things for ages, I hope they decide to release model and effect packs for the Firehawk to keep it fresh further down the line as I can definitely see myself holding onto this pedal for a good few years

I'm already sitting in front of my computer when I play, or it's nearby.  Usually learning a song or playing along to something.  What would I rather use, a big screen with mouse and keyboard or a little smartphone?  It's just another device I now have to deal with and will be dependent on.  

Sounds great for playing live, or if you have a damaged calf muscle from playing football at the weekend ;) 

If there was a windows app I would buy it today.  Can you control it any other way but bluetooth?  Can you connect a cable to the phone or tablet?  Sorry, I just like options.  Had a few bluetooth devices that were spotty.   

Yeah I researched this a little and it seems some people managed to get the amplifi app to run (similar to firehawk remote) but issues arose when trying to connect bluetooth even with a card

There is a post on ideascale requesting a pc editor, if that's really what you need then register and vote for it, it has been recently proven that line 6 take notice of the ideas submitted on there