Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Variax for ANY guitar......

medievil1

dunno if anyone thinks it would be a good idea or not, submitted it to idea scale

http://line6.ideascale.com/a/dtd/any-guitar-variax-interface/741201-23508?submitted=1

the idea is made a replacement bridge (Or just saddles) for the various types, that runs to a box to turn any guitar into a variax ..they could sell them fro $100 a pop and make a killing

I mean variax is basically just the individual pizzo saddle pickups on the variax guitars....

anyway Figured I'd post this for anyone that thinks it might be a cool idea....

• 2 weeks later...

dunno if anyone thinks it would be a good idea or not, submitted it to idea scale

http://line6.ideascale.com/a/dtd/any-guitar-variax-interface/741201-23508?submitted=1

the idea is made a replacement bridge (Or just saddles) for the various types, that runs to a box to turn any guitar into a variax ..they could sell them fro $100 a pop and make a killing

I mean variax is basically just the individual pizzo saddle pickups on the variax guitars....

anyway Figured I'd post this for anyone that thinks it might be a cool idea....

I'd love a kit to install into other guitars...but I suspect the guts and associated hardware would cost considerably more than $100. Hell, the individual piezo elements are approx. $12-$15 each (somewhere in that neihborhood last time I looked).

the price on those were high because they took the guts from an actual guitar they had to buy...

i personally think it was the dumbest idea since the unsliced bagel... but someone disagreed enough to make it anyway :)