Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Hd500 Dual Amp Mode With Fx Loop

milleniumman

I am running the pod HD500 in dual amp mode panned hard left and hard right.  Since the dsp is limiting I have an external delay and reverb which I run through the FX loop.  How do I set it up to put the fx loop after the amp? It only gives me one FX loop position to use so I can't put one on the left amp and one on the right amp.  If I use it on one of the amps it only goes to one side, if I place it after the pre amp it makes it mono sounding.  How do I get a stereo FX loop?

I am running the pod HD500 in dual amp mode panned hard left and hard right.  Since the dsp is limiting I have an external delay and reverb which I run through the FX loop.  How do I set it up to put the fx loop after the amp? It only gives me one FX loop position to use so I can't put one on the left amp and one on the right amp.  If I use it on one of the amps it only goes to one side, if I place it after the pre amp it makes it mono sounding.  How do I get a stereo FX loop?

the fx loop is stereo, you have to use an insert cable to split it... but you CAN use it to route through 2 independent effects... provided you hard pan left and right...

you can't turn them on independently though... it's all or nothing.

@GTLazer: I've tried that but then I lose the separation between the left and right amps, like it pans them to the middle again making it muddy.

@TheRealZap: I have a splitter for the TRS to dual mono so my Timeline and HOF reverb are in stereo, I just need a way to tell the Pod to set the FX loop  to have the left input on the left amp and the right input on the right amp.  Right now I have the FX loop before the amp and back 1 slot so it doesn't attach to the amp. This is the clearest I can get it, but with this setting the delay is quiet and muddy, not clear and distinct like I like it. I have also tried just running the Timeline and HOF after the line outs but I don't really dig the delayed cab sim sound.

This is what it looks like now:

/---AMP1---DLY---\

---FX--CHORUS                           MIXER

\---AMP2-----------/

I think this problem would be solved if I could use 2 slots for the FX loop in between the amp and mixer so it would look like this:

/--AMP1--DLY--FX------\

---                                       MIXER

\--AMP2---------FX-------/

P.S. I have a PingPong delay set at 20ms (lowest setting) to give a slight separation between the two amps.

Is this type of setup possible?

As far as I know, if you've got the mixer panned hard left/right, the FX Loop should preserve that signal split.

Have you tried running your splitter cable straight back into the FX Return, to test the loop in isolation?

The reason I ask is that I think it's more likely that your pedals are creating a combined stereo out.