Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Restart, Then Pod Studio Gx Interface Disconnects?

The green light light up on the POD studio GX interface when computer starts up.

Everything is fine.

I launch Pod farm program. So far so good.

I shut down Pod farm program.

I decide to later launch Pod farm again, and the green light shuts off, and the POD studio GX interface somehow gets disconnected.

Why?

i would check your power management and see if its set to sleep your usb ports after a while.

No it is not that.

Today, I cant even get any sound from it. !?!?

The green light randomly shuts off, and I have to reboot the computer.

Lately, The green light shuts off immediately when I launch Pod Farm software.

And during all this time, I have not been able to hear any guitar signal coming through the interface. The cable is good, the connections are tight. There is no sound registered on the input meter, I chose GX input device.

What is happening!?

Trying a different USB cable is definitly worth the effort.  Last week I bought myself a high end recording software package.  It came with a nice interface. 

I spent 48 hours trying all sorts of fixes, crashed my computer several times, and nearly lost data.  The end result was, the new USB cable that they sent with the rig was bad.  Oddly enough, I was getting sound through the cable via ASIO, but I couldn't control the interface or change presets via my PC.  As soon as I changed the cable everything started working just fine.

• Upvote 1

Trying a different USB cable is definitly worth the effort.  Last week I bought myself a high end recording software package.  It came with a nice interface. 

I spent 48 hours trying all sorts of fixes, crashed my computer several times, and nearly lost data.  The end result was, the new USB cable that they sent with the rig was bad.  Oddly enough, I was getting sound through the cable via ASIO, but I couldn't control the interface or change presets via my PC.  As soon as I changed the cable everything started working just fine.

sometimes it;s the simple things