Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Pod Hd Pro X - Midi CC and Sysex files

Nico_6

Hi!

I'm trying to configurate my FCB1010 (UnO chip) with the software but i can't really make it work with my gear (Pod Hd Pro X).

Do you have any guide that could help me? (already checked on the UnO website and also on Line 6 forums but unfortunately i didn't find something that helped me) or maybe a working Sysex file for the Pod HD Pro X (or also the Hd Pro) that i can send to my Fcb1010 ??

Many thanks in advance to everyone!!  :)

Here's your problem. The POD can contain 512 presets - 8 Set Lists times 16 banks of 4 presets.

Your FCB in stock configuration can recall 128 presets. With UNO in Stompbox mode that's reduced to 95 presets.

95 presets is less than 2 Set Lists.

Not to mention dedicated buttons for the Looper and Tuner.

I could likely help you configure your FCB within those constraints, BUT...

Having used the FCB for many years, and owning a POD HD500X, my advice to you is to sell the FCB (or use it for something else), and buy an FBV.

It's the right tool for the job.

Here's your problem. The POD can contain 512 presets - 8 Set Lists times 16 banks of 4 presets.

Your FCB in stock configuration can recall 128 presets. With UNO in Stompbox mode that's reduced to 95 presets.

95 presets is less than 2 Set Lists.

Not to mention dedicated buttons for the Looper and Tuner.

I could likely help you configure your FCB within those constraints, BUT...

Having used the FCB for many years, and owning a POD HD500X, my advice to you is to sell the FCB (or use it for something else), and buy an FBV.

It's the right tool for the job.

Hi!

Many thanks for you reply :)

Well, i know that i'll have just 5 presets for each bank with the stompbox mode On but honestly it's not absolutely a problem for me...

I'll probably buy the FBV later (without selling the FCB that i'll use for other gears) but right now i'm going to use it for the next live shows etc...

If you have some tips after your experience with this controller i would really appreciate your help!

Thanks again anyway!

Nick

Give me a real email and I'll send you sysex. Can't upload those here.

It's basic, Stomps control FS1-FS5 on the lower row. Program Changes on upper row. PC# 0-63 will cover one POD bank, whichever one you manually select, on FCB/UNO Banks 00-02.(12). Set the POD for MIDI Channel 1.

I'll send the file as .lgp for Control Center and .syx which will hopefully work with either the Ed Dixon editor or Ripwerx. I say hopefully because I've had mixed results with exporting from Control Center for use with those programs, seems to depend on the interface? Anyhow, I tested it with my HD500x and it works, so you should be good to go.

Oh, yeah, remember if you're using the expression pedal you'll need to assign one of your Stomps to turn the device on/off, as the FCB has no Toe Switch.