Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Support Ticket opened: Saddle Screw Spring and Washer lost, pickup cut out when extended too far

Hey everyone, bit of a problem with a Line 6 Variax JTV.

The intonation never felt right. Ever. Took it to 3 different guitar people. One lowered the frets for me, helped because when I would press down on the strings it would nearly go out of tune the frets were so high.

Anyway, the intonation needed work and I noticed I really had to adjust the high E string. Well, I did so much that I loosened it TOO much and the screw popped out while i was playing.

Found the screw, lost the washer and the spring.

Definitely need to replace those.

Anyway, I only noticed this because my High E String stopped responding. Apparently the pickup wouldn't respond if the saddle was too far away. Anyone ever have this? The string seems fine now, responding, but if I go to far one way or the other, it won't.

Anyway, I have it screwed in there. What's the problem with having JUST the screw? I'm going to my tech tomorrow to see if we can finagle something. Where can I order new parts for this thing? Should I buy a new pickup?

Any help is appreciated.

right, but it works now. if I put the saddle too far one way, it doesn't.

I had this problem on my 600 when I got it from Ebay. The piezo's ground contact is going bad. Shooting a bit of contact cleaner can usually help. 

In the end, I bought a new piezo and replaced it on mine.